Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 Basketweave Vinyl on Dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
57lincolnman
I am trying to replace the basket weave vinyl in the section to the left of the steering wheel (where the headlight, driving light, and emergency flasher are located). The '75 has some sort of a foam backing which resists any type of glue I've used. I've tried rubber cement, Elmer's, Spraymount Type 77. I think the older cars have a piece of metal as the substrate which would make these easier. After a few days, the vinyl continues to curl no matter what type of glue I use. Anyone have experience with this?
914Sixer
There is not much you can do with the separation of the materials. An option is to pull the foam backed material, get the metal frame from a early car and recover the it with matching material from 914 Rubber. You will probably never have to worry again.
bdstone914
I have a metal backing it you want to go that route.

Bruce
Chris914n6
I'll have to dig mine out, but i think it was on a plastic backing and double face taped. Had 2 75s that way.
partwerks
Does anyone make a material out of aluminum, or something that can be purchased, and is precut to fit?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.