Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official name change for PLAN 9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
After explaining over and over what PLAN 9 was and not having anyone younger than 30ish knowing what it is... The crew here decided to change the name of the car. The kids and I (mostly the kids) decided to call it ........ The GERMAN 8 TOR ......... As my boy says its a German car and a German 8 Cyl motor so shorten it up and walla The German 8 Tor. I will contact Lawrence to change the build heading so It stays consistant. I will also include the name change in the thread.
xsboost90
do yoah meaan, the cherman atahhhh?
skline
You keep changing everything, whats the deal, is there a woman in charge over there?? IPB Image

Now I need to duck and cover.
spare time toys
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 22 2005, 09:12 PM)
You keep changing everything, whats the deal, is there a woman in charge over there?? IPB Image

Now I need to duck and cover.

HEY I wear the pants here she may pick them out BUT I WEAR THEM .....coming dear..... youll have to excuse me I need to do the dishes now. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
iamchappy
It will always be Plan 9 from outerspace to me.
anyhow those in the know are in the club no one else matters. IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jan 22 2005, 06:08 PM)
The German 8 Tor

except .... Arnold is Austrian ...

not that there's anything wrong with that!
IPB Image Andy
eeyore
At first I wondered "Who makes 8 door car?" 'Tor' = door

It took a few more readings catch up. Its quite punny.

A few more readings after that I think and now I think 'Germinater' -- some kind of botanist that helps the grasses get their freak on to make little grasslings.

Stick with Plan 9. The masses had spoken.
McMark
I'll still call it Plan 9. IPB Image
Gustl
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ Jan 23 2005, 08:41 AM)
At first I wondered "Who makes 8 door car?"  'Tor' = door

actually "TOR = goal" and "door = TÜR" IPB Image IPB Image
mikey
Plan 9 from Outer Space? It's a movie and also an Operating System from the geeks at Bell Laboratories.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.