Phoenix-MN
piratenanner.gif

Should have gotten this years ago, no more laying on my back biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Phoenix914
Where is the jealous smiley?

Your garage is now complete. beer.gif
bandjoey
Is this the portable lift? Full report please. Are you scheduling lift times for all your Wo biggrin.gif rld friends?
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 2 2014, 10:54 AM) *

Is this the portable lift? Full report please. Are you scheduling lift times for all your Wo biggrin.gif rld friends?

Yes, sort-of portable. Just unbolts from the floor and you can move it around and out of the way aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
Nice. aktion035.gif
Porschef
Sweet. 8' to the joists? drooley.gif
GeorgeRud
Did you have to reinforce/ rep our the garage floor to a deeper than standard floor slab to mount the lifts?. It looks like there is a different pour by the stands. How high can you get the car off the ground?

I only have a 9 foot ceiling in my garage, but I'd love to get a lift like this.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 2 2014, 12:41 PM) *

Did you have to reinforce/ rep our the garage floor to a deeper than standard floor slab to mount the lifts?. It looks like there is a different pour by the stands. How high can you get the car off the ground?

I only have a 9 foot ceiling in my garage, but I'd love to get a lift like this.

Yep, I cut out a 4' x 4' pad and dug it out to 10" deep and pinned it to the existing slab, poured 4000 psi concrete. About 48" lift

Click to view attachment

About 9' to the joists
stepuptotheMike
jealous doesn't even begin to describe... glad to see somebody making it work with low clearance.
Vysoc
Nice set-up Paul, love the concrete work!!!

Enjoy the benefits of a lift!

Vysoc flag.gif
Harpo
Very nice. I need one of those. What is the make & model?

David
rhodyguy
Dannmar maxjax. $2299.99+shp and handling. that's a costco price.
rick 918-S
Nice Lift! Hey how's the back? I hope you weren't swinging that pick axe! unsure.gif
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 3 2014, 05:48 AM) *

Nice Lift! Hey how's the back? I hope you weren't swinging that pick axe! unsure.gif

No swinging the pick axe for me. All the cement work was done last May before I had my back surgery and I hired a contractor to do the cement pour. I waited about a month after the surgery before I did anything so I wouldn't mess the back up. Still not lifting anything more than about 20 lbs. hissyfit.gif

This lift is "Cat's Ass" w00t.gif I can sit in a low office chair and roll around under the car and have clear access to everything. Now I just need to do some actual work.

Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 3 2014, 05:26 AM) *

Dannmar maxjax. $2299.99+shp and handling. that's a costco price.

I got it on sale for $2100.00 with free shipping. I picked it up at the local freight company and they put it in the back of my truck. I used a chain hoist back at home to lift it off the truck bed.

Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Very nice, I am very jealous! I guess I will still have to crawl on my back like a upside down turtle! biggrin.gif
Bartlett 914
The 2 post lift is great. I have one here and I could never go without one. Mine has cables that connect the 2 posts. I have the one where you have to drive over a ramp that protects them. The other option was to have them overhead. I see your hydraulic hose going to the ceiling and over but no steel cables. I wish I had chosen the overhead cable option. I never saw the style you have.
02loftsmoor
I hate you hissyfit.gif
worn
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Aug 3 2014, 04:41 PM) *

I hate you hissyfit.gif

agree.gif except it is hard to blame for what I want for myself.
Andyrew
Grab some used rolling office chairs, Take the backs off and get the one's that can go up and down. Great for working under the car.
JStroud
You don't really need a slab thicker than most garage floors for a small lift like this, my 2 post 6000lb lift only listed a 4" slab with no rebar as the minimum requirement, of course thicker or with rebar is better.

Those are nice lifts, very well built, almost bought one before I found mine used.
It will change how you think about working on your car, underneath work....no problem.

Enjoy,
Jeff
patssle
If you're on the fence about a lift and want to see how freaking easy it makes the car life...here's my evidence: http://imgur.com/a/meh8Z Worth every penny I paid for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.