Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woohoo!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Finally... i've got her ready for the body man. clap56.gif

http://iepg.com/914/Work%20completed%20to%20date.htm

The car is really a stripped roller now. Just the basic hydraulics (emergency brake only), steering, and suspension are on the car.

Everything else (literally) is removed. All the trim, weatherstripping, gas tank, heater/vent blower and stuff, pedal box, lights, upholstery, carpet, screws, nuts, etc. It's all off and in hundreds of little labeled ziplock baggies!

Now I am hoping my body man is ready to...

Strip and reprimer the car.

Weld on the chassis stiffening kit

Weld on the bulkhead six-engine mount

Weld on and finish the steel GT flares

Weld on the safety harness screw plates on the rear firewall and the floor

Fix some very minor rust and weld up some holes (a couple of my mistakes, plus some holes that I don't need any longer)

Drill some oil line holes from the front trunk, to the passenger compartment and then through the heater duct to the engine compartment

Cut an exhaust hole in the front floorpan for the oil cooler shroud

Do some fabrication for some hood pins and a fuel access door on the front lid.

Repaint the entire car including the wheel wells and the bottom in the original color.

Refinish the targa top

Paint and install the rockers and valences.

Reinstall the steering, hydraulics and suspension.

Then it all goes back on again! blink.gif
Gint
Great! I know how you feel!

Or, uh, I mean, I'd like to know how you feel. Going to get periodic pics while the car is in the shop?
seanery
Way to go!
NICE!
Qarl
I'm pretty proud of myself.

Up intil last August, I really only knew about rebuilding the braking system and about maintiing the L-jet fuel system. I replaced an interior, trim, etc.

Now I really know about this little car (or at least how to take it apart). The true test will be reassembling it.

But I am an engineer by education (aerospace, go figure), I'm very logical, and technically oriented. I look at this project as the greatest puzzle of my life.

Disassemble a car, refinish and rebuilt it, and hope I don't kill myself on my first drive!

Regards,

Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.