Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two in the paint shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beeliner
This is my first posting, so I hope all goes well.

I had three 914s over five years in the 70s, and I got the bug again.

Number four (1973) was purchased on eBay in March... I kinda didn't expect to win it, as i bid really low... Brought it up from Maryland to Connecticut and found out why the prior owner said it smoked and leaked oil - SEVEN quarts of oil flowed into the drain pan!

It arrived with webers, a new fuel pump, new brakes, new starter, new distributor system, and an uncracked dash. I just changed the plugs and added a battery and off she went. In a couple hundred miles the oil burned off from the exhaust system. No leaks.

I stopped for new springs and struts and today she sits in the body shop for some rust repair and paint. She will go from white to Adriatic blue. L50E. But she waits in line behind #5...

A 1975 in faded Magenta paint. Complete with a cracked windshield, cracked dash, dinged fender and electrical taped seating... I found the windshield locally ( with installation), seat bolster repairs being done by Dragone Motors, lots of weather stripping from everywhere.... Body and paint for both being done by Southpoint here in CT. Other bit$ and piece$ for both cars eating me up.

I will be selling one and keeping the other.

But I am in love with driving again, finally.

Mike Bellis
welcome.png
KELTY360
welcome.png

...and it wouldn't be a proper welcome without... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JRust
welcome.png & congrats on getting the disease again. You may just keep both as nobody can own just one happy11.gif
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
Beeliner
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 2 2014, 09:04 PM) *

welcome.png

...and it wouldn't be a proper welcome without... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I don't have file attachment option yet!
Harpo
Welcome to 914world and love Adriatic blue

David
Cairo94507
welcome.png and I think Adriatic Blue is an excellent choice.
Beeliner
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 3 2014, 04:17 AM) *

welcome.png and I think Adriatic Blue is an excellent choice.

Here is the Magenta one. All I did for photo was wash it for the pic.
PanelBilly
Hello. I got tired of the "welcome"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.