914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
fell into the back of the legacy wagon.
914Sixer
Smog laden 2.0 L.
Rand
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 2 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Smog laden 2.0 L.

What's your point? The smog crap is easy to dispose of. How about kudo your bro for his find?
type47
??? looks like a 912E motor to me... oil filler looks like L-jet but 2l D-jet type intake air distributor. I'm interested in a throttle body for a 912E ....hmmmmm..... I say good pick-up. Second look at the cooling tin too.
rhodyguy
yes, for a 912e. not pictured are the rest of the parts. very complete, nice tin, garage stored. seemed fairly priced so i rolled the dice. did a little looking around. i'd LOVE to sell the stock engine mount bar for the same $ seen elsewhere. i found the Ljet induction/fi system intriguing. we'll see how it shakes out.
rhodyguy
btw. i posted some pictures and info for a 6 conv racer in the classifieds.
sixnotfour
If you want another 912E 2.0 complete LMK...

I came home with all my money.
rhodyguy
except gas $. i don't want or need another E engine unless it's a 6 for the same $. i believe i'll recoup the dough over time.

or find a 70's ish t-3 fasty to put it in. that would be more fun. i have the 96mm pistons and a set of cyls to make it GO!
Dave_Darling
Nice score! Ping the people on the 912 Registry; I believe they allow the 912E folks in there... wink.gif And I bet at least one of them would be interested in the motor, either as a spare or a conversion target or as parts.

--DD
914werke
Nice!
Cross post.
I had been so busy lately I hadn't the opportunity to crow about my score from the swap meet smile.gif

Net $40 outta pocket.

aktion035.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 3 2014, 09:31 AM) *

except gas $. i don't want or need another E engine unless it's a 6 for the same $. i believe i'll recoup the dough over time.

or find a 70's ish t-3 fasty to put it in. that would be more fun. i have the 96mm pistons and a set of cyls to make it GO!

Nice score Kevin. If you do put it in a Fasty, it won't fit under the engine lid with that plenum and certainly not with the L-jet flapper box. I've been down that road. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
did you get the seat adj with those rich?
914werke
Yup. I wanted to try to fit the stock setup on them & I have another style that I can use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.