Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i have painted pedrini rims,need to get paint off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
they came painted to match cheap body paint,currently magenta red.is this a big job for auto shop to remove pain and restore to roiginal silver or whatever was standard with car?.car is a 73 .
Cuda911
You can do it yourself. Figure an hour per wheel to strip.

I started the stripping with some aircraft coating stripper... worked great but ran out before I was done and didn't feel like going to the store. Finished with regular old Jasco paint stripper. A bit slower, but still worked well. Then> wet sanded > primed > sanded again > painted > sanded > painted.

If you take it to a shop, they will probably just bead blast it, way faster than my hand-stripping.

You might want to just take them to a powder-coater. Prolly $100 or so per wheel to strip and powder coat.

A few before, during, after pix:
rosenfe
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Aug 3 2014, 07:00 PM) *

You can do it yourself. Figure an hour per wheel to strip.

I started the stripping with some aircraft coating stripper... worked great but ran out before I was done and didn't feel like going to the store. Finished with regular old Jasco paint stripper. A bit slower, but still worked well. Then> wet sanded > primed > sanded again > painted > sanded > painted.

If you take it to a shop, they will probably just bead blast it, way faster than my hand-stripping.

You might want to just take them to a powder-coater. Prolly $100 or so per wheel to strip and powder coat.

A few before, during, after pix:

What is the final color called
Cuda911
I used Duplicolor Automotive Primer/sealer, followed by Duplicolor automotive Stainless Steel. Came out great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.