Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 manifold to 1.7 heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larss
Are there any smart solutions out there for fitting the 3-bolt 2.0 manifold to the 4-bolt 1.7 heads (with the engine still in the car)?

/Lars S
dlee6204
You use 1.7/1.8 intake gasket as a template and you drill the extra holes. You then need to clearance the outer holes so there is enough room to install a nut. I have some pictures of this as I did the same thing. I'll post them up when I have the time.
larss
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Aug 4 2014, 01:04 PM) *

You use 1.7/1.8 intake gasket as a template and you drill the extra holes. You then need to clearance the outer holes so there is enough room to install a nut. I have some pictures of this as I did the same thing. I'll post them up when I have the time.

That sounds fairly simple, thanks !

/Lars S
stugray
When I comared two sets of intakes (short for a 1.7 & long for a 2.0).

The diameter of the intake bores did not match.

I may be wrong, but I dont thnik you would WANT to mix them up.
larss
QUOTE(stugray @ Aug 4 2014, 03:20 PM) *

When I comared two sets of intakes (short for a 1.7 & long for a 2.0).

The diameter of the intake bores did not match.

I may be wrong, but I dont thnik you would WANT to mix them up.

Not sure what you mean with short and long intakes (?) but the intake bore in a 1.7 head is narrower and will not match the 2.0 manifold bore (without some machining).

Lars S
Dave_Darling
Why do you want to use the 2.0 pipes on a 1.7 motor?

--DD
larss
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 4 2014, 04:01 PM) *

Why do you want to use the 2.0 pipes on a 1.7 motor?

--DD

Sorry my bad explanation, it is 1.7 heads but 1911cc engine.
I hope for some extra air from the 2.0 TB and extea fuel from the green injectors. rolleyes.gif

Lars S.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.