Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Thermostat Shroud Photos?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickso71
The metal shroud covering the engine thermostat is missing as is the one on the opposite lower side of the engine. I have a box of various metal shroud pieces but can't seem to find any that fit. Does anyone have pictures of the undersides of the engine that would help me out?
Natedog
I can help you out. I have that area exposed and the shroud on the table. I'll post some pictures within the hour.

Cheers
Nate
Natedog
I just took a few pictures of the tin. This is on a 73 2.0 914 with a stock exhaust.

1. Driver side picture shows piece of shroud that I think you are looking for. It fits here.
2. Passenger side picture shows everything installed.

I hope these help you out! I can post more pics if you need them.

Cheers,
Nate

PS: two posts for two pictures, OK
Natedog
passenger side picture

Cheers
Nate
Bleyseng
We usually don't paint those oil return tubes as a rule. The oil returning to the sump gets cooled alot from them.
They sure look pretty thou.
Geoff IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
Wow what is it with these tin pieces lately? This has got to be the 4th or 5th post in the last couple of days. Here is a diagram for further ref.
tracks914
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:57 AM)
Wow what is it with these tin pieces lately? This has got to be the 4th or 5th post in the last couple of days. Here is a diagram for further ref.

I was just looking in my Haynes manual and realized that I don't have any. I didn't know they existed, and now I want some. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.