Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hounds tooth upholstery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
the pictures have me all goob smacked. where is material sourced? precut ready to go? iirc rick's alien has sort of a hounds tooth on acid pop art look, yes? either would be perfect on a silver car.
Mike Fitton
Auto's International, it ain't cheap! $325 for a 36" x 60" piece, but it is the correct pattern.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
so, one piece does one seat?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 4 2014, 06:59 AM) *

Auto's International, it ain't cheap! $325 for a 36" x 60" piece, but it is the correct pattern.

Click to view attachment

I have a sport coat like this...
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 4 2014, 06:02 AM) *

so, one piece does one seat?

No 1 piece does 2 seats.
shuie
Autos International has the correct material.

Autos did my seats. I asked them to use some material I bought 10yrs ago before the correct wool was available anywhere. The pattern is close, but its actually for a GM car. This stuff is more like $30/yd. 1-2 yards is more than enough to do the centers. It's an alternative, at least. Nothing is 'correct' on my car, so this was fine for me.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
rhodyguy
close enough, esp at that price. the lighter in color and fabric as opposed to the black vinyl would make for a cooler ride with the top off.
7TPorsh
sorry for hijack...did these type of patterned seats come on the early models with the fixed seat?

I want to do this but don't know how it would look. Any pics of possibly a -6 with a cool fabric interior?
carr914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 4 2014, 02:30 PM) *

sorry for hijack...did these type of patterned seats come on the early models with the fixed seat?

I want to do this but don't know how it would look. Any pics of possibly a -6 with a cool fabric interior?

Yes, it was offered
euro911
That looks cool, I'll have to show the pix to my wife. She wants some sort of cloth seat inserts in her '71. Her interior is black exterior is white, so I think it would look nice confused24.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 4 2014, 03:09 PM) *

That looks cool, I'll have to show the pix to my wife. She wants some sort of cloth seat inserts in her '71. Her interior is black exterior is white, so I think it would look nice confused24.gif

Pascha man..... go Pascha smoke.gif
carr914
I still have a Bolt of Houndstooth from when I did these Factory GT Seats

Click to view attachment
SKL1
Click to view attachment

Seats in foreground are original seats from my original '71. I've had towels over the bottoms nearly from new except when at a "show' etc to help preserve them. Have held up well.
Was going to do the inserts on the '73 to match but had trouble finding the material- wish I'd know about the above info. I went with grey alcantara on that since I didn't want anything black or vinyl/leather etc as the car will primarily live in AZ.
euro911
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 4 2014, 04:19 PM) *
Pascha man..... go Pascha smoke.gif
Uh, no, Scotty slap.gif

laugh.gif
Mr.242
I just found out my COA lists out hounds tooth as the original interior.

Guess what I'm now buying piratenanner.gif

I love the look with the silver car so I'm even more stoked to get it installed.

beerchug.gif
Chris H.
That's cool. Wonder if hounds tooth is rare for a 6 idea.gif ...

BTW that Pascha stuff is an arm and a leg. At least it used to be.
sbsix
My six came with houndstooth inserts. I redid my seats quite a few years ago and removed the inserts but saved them. They are perfect except for one small tear, so they wore pretty well for 30 years. My car is light ivory and they go well with the color and I may just go back to the look one of these days. Maybe I'll wait until bell bottoms come back so I can complete the era look.
Cuda911
Do you think this color scheme would be tasteful?

altitude411
smoke.gif wub.gif thumb3d.gif elvira.gif
euro911
Oh, you bet first.gif

laugh.gif
MartyYeoman
I recently had my seats reupholstered in with houndstooth/onyx inserts. I bought 2 yards of material from KOVI fabrics for $98.00. Their part number was K6391. They supply samples too. Their phone is 800-860-3105. Google KOVI for their website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.