Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Archie
Anybody have section of L/H outer long inc. jacking point? Thanks.
Chris H.
Did you try restoration design?

Restoration-design
Archie
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 4 2014, 11:52 AM) *

Did you try restoration design?

Restoration-design

Hi Chris. The rot is only a couple of inches each side of the jacking tube, the rest of the steel is good. Seems a shame to cut the whole piece out.
Chris H.
Post a pic of the section you need. That is a commonly rusted area. If you can't find a used section you can just cut what you need from the R-D piece.
GaroldShaffer
The problem as I see it is not so much as finding someone with those sections. It is the effort to cut them out and ship them to the buyer at a cost to make it worth your while.

I would get the RD ones, remove what you need and offer the remaining section for sale here. You never know someone may only need the section you don't use. Then it is a win - win for both of you.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 4 2014, 07:05 PM) *

The problem as I see it is not so much as finding someone with those sections. It is the effort to cut them out and ship them to the buyer at a cost to make it worth your while.

I would get the RD ones, remove what you need and offer the remaining section for sale here. You never know someone may only need the section you don't use. Then it is a win - win for both of you.

agree.gif
I have a new jack point and tube I will sell for % 25 less than the new part.
Can ship for $ 5.
Bruce
Archie
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 4 2014, 07:40 PM) *

:agree:
I have a new jack point and tube I will sell for % 25 less than the new part.
Can ship for $ 5.
Bruce

Hello Bruce. Thanks for that. I already have the jacking tube and "pyramid". I bought them before I started the "digging" and finding the rot!
Archie

Thanks for that. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's the way to go!

Archie
[quote name='Archie' post='2072310' date='Aug 10 2014, 05:21 PM']
[quote name='Garold Shaffer' post='2070060' date='Aug 4 2014, 07:05 PM']

Archie
Okay. For the record and in case anyone is following this, I thought that I'd buy the RD part P331 and chop off what I need (i.e. the lower piece of long with the indented "pyramid" which works out to about 8 inches total length) and reverse it. Remember I'm working on the driver's side and only the passenger side is available. HOWEVER, after explaining my plan to Mike at RD, he tells me that part P331 is non-reversible! Hmmmmm! (Scratches head in puzzlement!)

QUOTE(Archie @ Aug 10 2014, 05:21 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.