Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: e-brake options for 5 lug 911 system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downerman
So I feel an e-brake is important. I have the larger SC callipers up front and the smaller ones on the rear. The rears do not have the e-brake levers so I'm guessing their early 911's. I understand some 914-6 ones will work but hard to get. Wondering if something like a 914 calliper (Rear of course) with a 914-6 rotor might work as 80% of the breaking is up-front. I was suggested to research a "line lock" but don't know squat besides in the past feathering an-ebrake has sometimes been my saving grace in some unusual situations. Any other options or suggestions?

Dave

73 914 Renegade SBC
SLITS
1.) Purchase Eric Shea's aluminum reproduction 914/6 rear calipers

or

2.) Purchase a set of 914/6 rears and send them to Eric for his magic

or

3.) Use a standard set of 914/4 rears (need to cut a couple of mm off the circumference of the 914/6 rotor or have the 4 lug rears drilled for 5 lug.

or

4.) Use a rock, angle cut 4X4, or anything that blocks the wheel.

or

5.) Use the 911 rear set up with the drum brake parking brake (requires fabrication of brackets & such)
mskala
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 4 2014, 03:41 PM) *

1.) Purchase Eric Shea's aluminum reproduction 914/6 rear calipers

agree.gif
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif That's what I did. They work fine and I expect they'll last a long time. biggrin.gif (To paraphrase Pratt Whitney). biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.