Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1972 914 Roller Project Car In Great Shape- No Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RevolutionMachines
It is time to pass the torch to someone who will make some progress and get this beauty back on the road. I've had it since 2004 in indoor heated storage almost all that time. After 10 years, I'm prepared to admit I will never get this done.

1972 914-4 VIN 4722900298 Located in Livonia, Michigan (Detroit Suburb)

49,775 on the odometer. I can't verify it, but it seems legitimate given the body condition.

Engine & Trans: No engine, unless you are interested in a Subaru EJ20 project (needs all wiring, exhaust, cooling, mounts, etc.). If you are, then it is currently bolted to the original trans with a Kennedy Engineering adapter. Engine tins were discarded by the previous owner. While this car was drivable, the trans shifted nicely and everything seemed in order. The original 1700 had been replaced with something more aggressive, but it was on its way out and seized right after purchase. I'll happily sell the trans with the car if it is necessary for your build up. Transmission stamping: 914.301.302.00

Body and paint: Very solid condition, with very little rust, even the underbody is clean. Battery tray and surrounding area is, of course, rusted. Hood has a large dent and a bit of rust from the heel of a tree branch, plus a few paint blemishes and small dents. The paint seems to be original (Red), but the hell hole is orange. I can't find any evidence of taped off areas, so I really can't explain the mismatch. There is some rust in the center tunnel, but looks far better than most.Closeups of damage are in the full galleries.

Suspension & Brakes. Everything seems to be in great working order. I only drove this car a couple hundred miles before the engine seized, but it shifted and handled great and braking was excellent.

Tires & Wheels: Tires are Kuhmo 205/55-R15 and have a whole lot of tread left, but they are at least 11 years old. I'm not an expert on the 914 wheels, but on the Pelican Parts website these are identified as "Riviera Mag."

Interior: As good as it gets for a car of this age. The cushion is a bit different on the driver's seat, so I assume it was recovered. Dash and center console are very good, although the center console is not installed.

Misc.: It's been a long time since I started AND stopped this project. It probably needs fuel lines run and may need some minor electrical work. If someone is interested in the Subaru project engine, I have a number of accessories which I could include, like an aftermarket computer, miscellaneous sensors, fuel filter, small radiator, etc. Send me a message if you want a full inventory.

Feel free to ask any pertinent questions. Please make an offer for any combination. Asking Prices:
*Full Chassis, no engine, no transmission $4000
*Full Chassis, with transmission $4500
*Full Chassis, with transmission, adapter, and Subaru EJ20 $5000

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Full Gallery: 914 For Sale

Full Gallery Alternate Host: Photobucket Slideshow 1972 914
IAMA914
How much for the roller?
motomoss
PM sent
Gint
Put a price in your ad per the classified rules. Thanks.
RevolutionMachines
Sorry, I'm having trouble adding the price to the original post.

Right now most of the interest is in the roller, and there are a couple of interested parties around $4000, but no solid deals yet. So $4000 is the target price, feel free to make any offers.

Asking Prices:
*Full Chassis, no engine, no transmission $4000
*Full Chassis, with transmission $4500
*Full Chassis, with transmission, adapter, and Subaru EJ20 $5000
Gint
Add them to any post and I'll take care of editing the first in the thread. Please observe the few rules that we have. Thanks.
Gint
Thank you sir. I've edited your first post to include pricing information you provided. Good luck with the sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.