Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something to check out in Ohio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
Not mine, no affiliation, but take a look at the heat exchangers on this 1.8....

Samba Teener

Click to view attachment

Unless this is not really the same car, someone might want to check this one out!
AfricanHijinx
blink.gif
gms
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 5 2014, 09:24 AM) *

Not mine, no affiliation, but take a look at the heat exchangers on this 1.8....

Samba Teener

Unless this is not really the same car, someone might want to check this one out!

The bottom of the engine is an early aluminum 6 case (in the picture), does not match the top picture. you are correct in your assessment that they are 914/6 head exchangers.
I think Garold might have already looked at this car
CptTripps
That's on my way home. I could swing by and take a look at it if anyone is interested. Hell...if it's a 6, I'll drag it home.
scotty b
engine bay pic shows 4

trunk pic shows enough engine bay to tell it's the same one with the 4

passengers side shot shows red paint under the black just like in the engine bay.

clearly the pic of the 6 is another car, or was taken before he swapped engines

carr914
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 5 2014, 10:38 AM) *

Samba Teener

The bottom of the engine is an early aluminum 6 case (in the picture), does not match the top picture. you are correct in your assessment that they are 914/6 head exchangers.

The Aluminum 6 Case is worth almost what he is asking - too bad it's not in the car
CptTripps
I just talked to the guy. I'm headed over there in a couple if hours to meet him and look at the car.

I'll report my findings...and let him know it's a $300 car if it doesn't have a 6 in it.
PotterPorsche
engine pic is a red car. the rest is a black car??? that could be very interesting, wish I was closer
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 5 2014, 09:38 AM) *

Samba Teener

I think Garold might have already looked at this car

Don't waste your time if you think it has a /6 in it because it doesn't. It is a 75 1.8L, while it could be a good project car, it does not have a /6 in it.
Dave_Darling
The heater blower and the mount for the air cleaner say that the engine is a 1.7, not a 1.8 -- and the engine code listed says it's an early 1.7 at that. The pic from the bottom is a converted car, it has the cross-bar motor mount on it. It might be a pic that the seller got on the web somewhere, or maybe a pic he took of a different car that accidentally got included?

--DD
Chris H.
Yeah I didn't think it had a 6 in it, just thought that possibly someone had grafted 6 heat exchangers to the later exhaust. Looked interesting, but sounds like it may have been investigated already. Let us know what you find out Doug!
CptTripps
It's literally 5min out of my way to where I'm heading tonight. I can verify the VIN and get it in the database.

At the very least, I'll be able to let him know why it's not worth $3K
scotty b
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Aug 5 2014, 10:48 AM) *

engine pic is a red car. the rest is a black car??? that could be very interesting, wish I was closer

Look closer. In the other pics you can clearly see red under the black in the door jambs. It was red before black, it is a 75 MY it has a 1.8 in it. It's only value are the wheels and MAYBE the interior if you have hard on for muddy white seats. Offer him 300.00 for the whole car ph34r.gif
CptTripps
Looking at the tires from the "in the air" pic and the "on the ground" pic, that's definitely a photo from another car. I'm still going to scoot over to take a look though.
Chris H.
Maybe he has both and ends up selling them as a package for $3k...and the 6 is a 2.4L that was just rebuilt...and it has deep sixes on it....and the dash top is perfect....and he says "I also have a trailer full of NOS parts that you HAVE to take with you RIGHT NOW. I can't stand tripping over this crap any more!" piratenanner.gif

I know I'm wrong but I hope I'm right biggrin.gif .

CptTripps
Car is ROACHED.

BUT...

He had about 20 60s/70s 911s. :-)

He asked about the price. I told him any offer over $400 and he should take it and run.
Harpo
The same seller has a few 912 for sale.

David
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Aug 5 2014, 04:46 PM) *

Car is ROACHED.

BUT...

He had about 20 60s/70s 911s. :-)

He asked about the price. I told him any offer over $400 and he should take it and run.

Soooooooooooooooooooo where is the /6 car that was in the last picture?
CptTripps
He said he had a six a few months ago that he sold.

I'll bet there were 20 912s and 911s in various states of restoration in his shop. Lots of other euro cars as well.

There is a "Rose Red" 911E that he had in his shop what was downright amazing. I'd buy that one in a min if I didn't have 2 other project cars going on right now. Dude knows his stuff on 911s...just not 914s.

He asked me if the 914 was priced right...and as I stated before, I told him candidly the car was worth more as scrap.

Although, all the pieces/parts were present for a real nice white 914 interior. With some elbow grease, that'd be a real nice interior.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.