Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little mean, but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Sorry, frozen folks, but we've had our share of weather, too. Mulholland this am. Still wet, a little muddy, and slicker than snot, but pretty day.

Nice Lotus 11 replica. Same guy owns Renault R5 Turbo I posted before. Asked him if he would pop the hood for more pix. He said no IPB Image
Maybe I should have said bonnet? Moral, it ain't just 911 drivers IPB Image
Howard
xxx
Howard
Mulholland Overlook. Rock Store down the hill from there.
jd74914
Nice Lotus 11 replica. Same guy owns Renault R5 Turbo I posted before. Asked him if he would pop the hood for more pix. He said no biggrin.gif
Maybe I should have said bonnet? Moral, it ain't just 911 drivers chair.gif

If I owned a car that pretty I would always open up the hood and brag about it IPB Image
boxstr
What was his reason for not opening the "bonnet"
CCLINCOLINCHAPMAN
seanery
cause it has a pinto motor in it! IPB Image
SLITS
Hey Howie, the roads are pretty straight and dry to Phoenix for the Targa-Aid. Maybe you can actually step on the Dick and get excited. And don't give me no wussy answer either.
Howard
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 23 2005, 11:17 AM)
What was his reason for not opening the "bonnet"
CCLINCOLINCHAPMAN

Beats me. Could be he's an asshole???

BTW, that originally came with an 1100cc Ford pushrod 4. Pinto would be an upgrade IPB Image

Ron, Saturday is our 39th anniversay. I ain't chancing it.

STEP ON THE DICK??? My legs are too long!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 23 2005, 01:04 PM)
STEP ON THE DICK???  My legs are too long!

or your dick is too short IPB Image

signed,
Aaron "long" Cox IPB Image
rick 918-S
Kent motor. Came in the Ford Cortina's (had one)
Series9
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 23 2005, 11:51 AM)
Asked him if he would pop the hood for more pix. He said no IPB Image
Maybe I should have said bonnet? Moral, it ain't just 911 drivers IPB Image

That's lame. As far as I'm concerned, car guys are obligated to show their engines upon request.

You didn't ask, but here's mine IPB Image
Howard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 23 2005, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 23 2005, 01:04 PM)
STEP ON THE DICK???  My legs are too long!

or your dick is too short IPB Image

signed,
Aaron "long" Cox IPB Image

Ya figured that out all by yourself? IPB Image

ABQ..Show me that motor one more time and I'll kidnap your dogs and hold them for ransom until you do mine that way IPB Image
Series9
This motor? IPB Image
MattR
Do you wanna part with that motor? I'll trade you my soul! IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 23 2005, 03:13 PM)
Do you wanna part with that motor? I'll trade you my soul! IPB Image

I am decidedly unwilling to part with it. I sleep better at night just knowing it's in the garage. IPB Image

It's a Euro spec engine, which means it's a solid lifter version of the 993 3.6. It wasn't easy to find.

Anyway, what would I do with a spare soul? IPB Image
skline
It's probably just me but I didnt think that Lotus was all that pretty, in fact, I thought it was kind of ugly. I would have only taken one picture of it just so I would know what I didnt want to get. What a snob.
Howard
QUOTE (914RS @ Jan 23 2005, 02:06 PM)
This motor? IPB Image

Kiss your dogs goodbye flyboy. Or maybe I could just steal the whole car while you're here IPB Image

That could be the nicest 914 I've ever seen...
Mrs. K
I know I am just a girl, but that green car looks like a
wanna be "green" bat mobile! IPB Image
Maybe that's why he wouldn't show you the engine.
Strick code with Bruce Wayne IPB Image

"Holy Fugly Lotus Kit, Batman!"

Lisa IPB Image
dlo914
IPB Image haha good one. Miss...i meant Mrs. K IPB Image
J P Stein
Hay, Joe, you gonna give me the color code fer that yellow paint or do I pay Howards plane fare to get there & steal the car then get from him?
Series9
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jan 24 2005, 12:47 AM)
Hay, Joe, you gonna give me the color code fer that yellow paint or do I pay Howards plane fare to get there & steal the car then get from him?

Porsche paint swatches. 'Gelb'. That's all I can tell you.

Joe
maf914
The Lotus Eleven replica may be a Westfield. Westfield built an Eleven kit back in the 80's along with various Seven replicas. Caterham, which builds the legal Lotus Seven descendant, sued Westfield (and others) to stop using the Seven name. I visited the Westfield shop in Birmingham, England, a couple of times in the 80's and considered buying a Seven. The owner is a real Lotus enthusiast, named Chris Smith, very nice guy.

The Westfield Eleven replicas were tube frame with aluminum sheet panels for the cockpit. Bodies were fiberglass. Engines were either MGB 1800 or Ford 1600 Crossflow (Kent). Very neat little cars.
seanery
Gelb is yellow in german IPB Image
SLITS
Try "Corvette Yellow".....almost an exact match to Sunflower Yellow (at least in Mexico anyway)

And for the resident Deutchers..."Korvette Gelb"....Achtung!
Series9
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 24 2005, 07:47 AM)
Gelb is yellow in german  :)

I know gelb is yellow in German.

The point being, when I was looking throught the color swatches, this was the only gelb that didn't have an adjective in front of it.

I liked the color and the fact that Porsche considered this color as simply Gelb sealed the deal.

I will call my painter and get the code for you guys.
aircooledboy
The only thing missing from the picture of that weasel's green car is the curious yellow puddle he would have found directly under his driver's door handle and drips down the door when he came back to his car. IPB Image

In college, we used to call that an "AIU", Attitude Induced Urination. IPB Image
Series9
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 23 2005, 06:21 PM)
That could be the nicest 914 I've ever seen...

Howard,

That's VERY flattering coming from a SoCal guy, but I can assure you that it has its flaws. If it were perfect, I'd be affraid to drive it. I promised my painter that it would return from WCC05 with chips in the paint because I intend to drive the piss out of it. IPB Image

There are actually numerous cars owned by club members that I believe may outshine 914RS. I'm really looking forward to showing it at WCC05 and can't wait to meet you guys and see your cars.

I'm lonely in NM. (although I'm sitting in the FBO at Santa Monica right now....)

Oh, and Howard, the car will be locked to the trailer firmly while I'm in CA IPB Image
Demick
ya know, if I had to wear that weenie helmet and goggles in order to drive around on the street I'd be embarassed too.

Demick
Demick
QUOTE (914RS @ Jan 23 2005, 01:16 PM)
That's lame. As far as I'm concerned, car guys are obligated to show their engines upon request.

Does that mean Boxster owners can't be real 'car guys'?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.