Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein (SP) fronts fitment issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine9three
I pulled out my garbage KYB inserts, had the struts powder coated and about to replace the inserts with Bilstein Sports. Problem is it appears that the shock is a bit longer than the strut body and the collar for the shock will not seat fully onto the strut body. It looks like the strut is about 1/8" too long? Does the collar need to seat on the strut top or can you just tighten the collar to the required torque (95 ft.lbs.). All the threads are being utilized. This is a four bolt application (strut).
914Sixer
Is this what you are asking about? That is the the way mine fit in the struts. The threads are all the way in but there is a gap. These are the Bilstein collars.
Krieger
I believe the Bilsteins have their own collar. Your not using the ones for the KYBs?
wndsnd
Mine did not seat all the way either. Torqued them in with blue locktite and they are fine now.

John
nine9three
After seeing the photos and thinking about how the shock sits in the strut, it makes sense that there would be a gap between the collar and the strut. Thanks for the photos. Now, what to do with the grommet/o'ring. Does it go above the dust cover or under it?
914Sixer
Nothing else needed. The dust cover goes over the top and you are done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.