Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
What is the finish for the 2.0 Fuchs? Is it the Wurth silver between the windmills or another finish?

Thanks,
SD
mepstein
They are annodized, not painted. Harvey Wiedman can make them look new but it will cost you about $250 a wheel plus time and shipping.
drbill
I did mine like I read on here, trying to get the RSR look.Click to view attachment

Rustoleum Satin Black, Rustoleum Matte Nickel, then clear coat. They look okay for an amateur. Excuse the masking tape residue!

Bill
pete000
All Reed can make them perfect !
Hank914
I like what drbill did, and I have some similar to his.

But if I want to go back to stock, and don't have $200/wheel to spend on the experts, what is a DIY'er to do?

Is there a "Fuchs refinishing guide for Dummies"?
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Aug 6 2014, 10:05 PM) *

I like what drbill did, and I have some similar to his.

But if I want to go back to stock, and don't have $200/wheel to spend on the experts, what is a DIY'er to do?

Is there a "Fuchs refinishing guide for Dummies"?

I feel these wheels are rare enough and worth the effort and expense to do them right or not do them with paint and trial and error.

I have a set that is original, one done by Weidman Wheels, and one done by Al Reed and will say the set done by Harvey is the closest to originality and nearly perfect in detail.
The set I had sent off to Al Reed is a GREAT finish , but not o.e. It has a more shiny and high polished finish but also really wears like iron....... ( I am very careful with using only P21s to wash and do it in the shade. Towel drying quickly after )

Save up your money and do it the right way, and you will never regret it. Believe me, the wait is worth it. It isn't like polishing some old crown Vic wheels, because in the Porsche community , People care about the end result......... and will notice the effort and reward will be all yours.
matthepcat
Here is a unique method: http://www.themotoringjournal.com/featured...hs-at-home.html

Basically it's a method to use oven cleaner, polish out your wheels, and then tape off the holes to fill the area between the petals with black paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.