For Sale: 1974 Porsche 914/4 2.0L

This car was meticulously restored and garage kept for years. It is built to resemble a 914/6 with the rare factory M471 styling package. I purchased it in December of 2009 and completed the assembly. The car has many period correct upgrades. It has professionally installed lap welded STEEL fender flares. The receipts for the paint alone equal near $4,000.00 in 1980s money. Paint is absolutely beautiful overall but the front trunk and windshield cowl have been repainted and are ok but not as nice as the rest of the car. Easily redone though. It has Koni adjustable shocks and lowering springs. The wheels are awesome period correct BBS (Mahle) with new Kumho Ecsta tires. Many new parts, (too much to list) such as, new clutch cable and throttle cable, weatherstrip, shift bushings, brakes, battery and clutch. It has a strong 2.0 litre engine with dual 44mm Weber carburetors. Many small improvements such as brass rollers on the rear trunk lid hinges and 911 mirrors. Interior is in really nice condition with short shift kit, dead pedal, Formuling steering wheel and good carpets and door panels. Header panel on the roll bar has only minor cracks and dash has none. Top is in excellent shape as is headliner. The side shift transmission shifts fine and synchros are in good order. I have over $17,000 in receipts with the car in a folder. There is a Beechcraft airplane fuel filler door installed in the front trunk for fast fill ups without opening trunk and a race car look. It does not affect the trunk opening and closing. The car is set up for autocrossing and is totally streetable but handles incredibly. All electrical works except for the fog lights, horn (it did and I suspect horn button), and the oil temp gauge. There are some windshield rock chips, no cracks. The Ansa muffler header has some rust holes that need to be welded but do not have any effect on function. There is no rust to be found on the body including under the battery tray. I have driven this car with no issues from Lafayette, LA to Braselton, GA and back to camp out in the infield at Road Atlanta (1100 mile round trip). It got nearly 30 mpg average on this trip! Overall, this is a super fun, amazing handling vehicle that is a real head turner. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions. 337-591-7766 Paul

New battery also....
Asking $12,000