Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do I find my engine's serial number?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914time
Hello,

What is the easiest way to find my 914's engine serial number? It is a 1973 2.0L with no mods.

I have a lift and have been looking from the bottom up, but I am thinking it needs to be viewed from the engine compartment on the topside?

I've searched the Interweb hoping to find a video of where to find it, but haven't located it. Maybe I'll make one once I find mine smile.gif

Can another member point me to an existing thread or walk me through step-by-step?

Thank you,

Erik
boxsterfan
Look around the oil filler.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_buy_pi...rial_no_big.JPG
Cap'n Krusty
The engine number on a 1.7/1.8 is stamped on the top of the case st the flywheel end. The serial number on a 2.0 is just below the oil filler assembly. Some cases have no number. Early bus T4 engines had the number stamped on the fan housing.

The positioning of the numbers has been discussed here many times, and is available via the search function.

The Cap'n
larss
...and if its a 1.7 or 1.8 case that has been upgraded with 2.0 barrel look on top of the case at the base of no3 cyl.

Lars S
914time
Thank you all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.