Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT thread size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
I'm at work and would like to pick up a helicoil to repair my CHT hole on the way home. So if anyone knows what thread size it is that would be great.

75 2.0 (but I think there are all the same size)
Rhodes71/914
For future reference:

10mm x 1.25 pitch

Oh yeah and the kit wasn't cheap but it came with 10 inserts. I don't think I'll be needing them all so if anyone else has a need let me know. You can have an insert and borrow the tools for the cost of shipping.

Sean
Mueller
it would be interesting to know the time difference for the ECU to register the heat of the sensor now....the inserts are stainless and will take longer to reach the same operating temperature.......hmmmm?????

I'm sure it'll work just fine, I'm just "thinking" outloud IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 24 2005, 06:53 PM)
it would be interesting to know the time difference for the ECU to register the heat of the sensor now....the inserts are stainless and will take longer to reach the same operating temperature.......hmmmm?????

I'm sure it'll work just fine, I'm just "thinking" outloud IPB Image

I thought about that too, but the washer will still be resting on the block. Either way it shouldn't take the insert that long to heat up.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 24 2005, 06:50 PM)
For future reference:

10mm x 1.25 pitch

Oh yeah and the kit wasn't cheap but it came with 10 inserts. I don't think I'll be needing them all so if anyone else has a need let me know. You can have an insert and borrow the tools for the cost of shipping.

Sean

Hope you all don't take that "for future reference" too seriously, 'cause it's 10x1, not 10x1.25. "Time Serts" work better in this application, and there's really no appreciable change in CHT sensor performance. BTDT lotsa times. The Cap'n
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 25 2005, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 24 2005, 06:50 PM)
For future reference:

10mm x 1.25 pitch

Sean

Hope you all don't take that "for future reference" too seriously, 'cause it's 10x1, not 10x1.25. "Time Serts" work better in this application, and there's really no appreciable change in CHT sensor performance. BTDT lotsa times. The Cap'n

IPB Image I have odd sizes at home:

8x1
14x1
14x1.25
5x.9

Lots of others that I have had to use from time to time for wierd German stuff. IPB Image Don't have a 10x1 though. IPB Image
Ray Warren
Is that washer under the CHT really necessary?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.