Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 2.0L (GC) Long Block For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
SOLD - Thanks smile.gif

I have a clean (GC) 2.0L long block that I bought from Bruce Stone several years ago that I'd like to sell.

I bought it with the intention of building a 2056 while retaining my original motor, but Richard (Type 4 Unleashed) built mine up with the original motor while I was recuperating from surgery.

I paid Bruce $500. for it and I think it's still worth the price today confused24.gif

No tins, just a long block with an oil cooler and a useable flywheel, however, I may have some tin pieces and a fan housing with an alternator that I'll gladly toss in with the deal.

Located in the LAX South Bay area. Prefer not to ship, but will consider it ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
I wonder how much the scrap yard would give me for it confused24.gif

Not really, just a bump
shades.gif
mapguy
PM Sent
Larmo63
GC = what year?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 9 2014, 01:58 PM) *

GC = what year?

75-76

http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php
euro911
Yes, 'GC' would be a '75/'76. It has the air injection ports into the exhaust stream in the heads. Easy to defeat if running carburetors: (4) M8x1" long Allen slugs like I run in the GC motor that's in the 'BB'.

As for the 'Does it really need a rebuild' question,

I don't know. I never did much with it, as I became deathly ill not too long after I bought it. (I can assure you the motor had anything to do with my illness) shades.gif

It turned freely (and still does). All I ever did was to give it a quick spin and clean it up a little.

I need to run a compression test on a 2.7L '6' ... if I can get a local to help me load it up into my truck and over to my shop, I can run a check on it too confused24.gif

Offers? ... Send me your best offer(s) and I will have my team of financial advisers assess them laugh.gif
al weidman
Do you still have the engine?
colingreene
Mark, ill help you move whatever around if you need, just let me know.
euro911
Yep, still have it. Still looking for a way to get it over to my shop for the compression test so I can let the interested parties know what it's condition is.

That, coupled with the honey doos (don't let your wives retire, guys) and the clutch in my Tacoma going out, things are just not moving as fast as I'd like dry.gif

... and thanks for the offer Colin ... I'll let you know cool_shades.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 8 2014, 07:18 PM) *

Not really, just a bump
shades.gif

40 lbs of dirty aluminum as I remember .... $20.00 or there about.
bdstone914
Having sold Mark the engine originally I can tell some info as to the condition. The compression was low and varied and it should be considered a core. You may get by with a valve job and rings. It is still well worth the price as these are getting harder to find. And I am sure it was not that clean when I sold it.
euro911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 25 2014, 07:53 AM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 8 2014, 07:18 PM) *
Not really, just a bump
shades.gif
40 lbs of dirty aluminum as I remember .... $20.00 or there about.
slap.gif

Just because I'm not in the mood today shades.gif
funk
hello there don't scrap her if you will ship it to Clark fork Idaho I will buy it!! I hear greyhound does pretty cheap shipping if you have a stop near you??I am restoring a 76 up hear gutting the rusty floor pans today I know I can put it to good use and would really appreciate the set up seems like all you can find these days is bus cores and I would love to go all stock!! I only have 600 bucks so that would have to include shipping.I'm sure it wouldn't cost more than 150 to ship grey hound its just the handling such as crating her would be a bit of a chore!! I do have many parts that I could include with the trade of 600 plus odds and ends?? drop me a line thanks my area code is 83811 but I think the closest greyhound station is about 60 miles away obviously I could pick it up there maybe Spokane Washington?? phone 2082909056 Jo and we can figure how to do this deal!!
bdstone914
Greyhound has a 100 pound limit. Doubt you will find a carrier who will ship it for $ 100. I think a long block weighs about 175. You can usually figure shipping at about $1 a pound.
funk
well that's about 175 for shipping a real math wiz I,m sure I can come up with another 50 bucks that would make it 650 so you would be losing 25 bucks if you bought it for 500.I would appreciator the heck out of it and post gratifying pics of the rebuild in process.let me know if you will do it for 650 shipping included?? pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
euro911
Thanks for the compression check #s info, Bruce ... that'll save some time.

Still up for grabs popcorn[1].gif

Responders in chronological order:

Flash914 ........ (7/7/14) No $ amount offered yet
Larmo63 ........ (8/8/14) No $ amount offered yet
Lcox .............. (8/9/14) No $ amount offered yet
mapguy ......... (8/9/14) Dropped out
75porsche914 . (8/10/14) $400 offered
funk ............... (9/3/14) $475 offered ($650 shipped)

Somebody, make my day ...
colingreene
I know Larmo is probably out since he bought a 6 cyl..
LUL
funk
I can come up with 675! I don't want to lose the chance at buying this since its a 76 restoration and my difficulties at finding a 914 engine locally for a rebuild.my email is jfunku@gmail.com and I usually use paypal but can probably wire it as well
funk
what compression test??
euro911
QUOTE(funk @ Sep 3 2014, 01:30 PM) *
what compression test??
See post #11 (Click here)
funk
so have you made a choice to sell it to me??675 thats 500 plus 175 for shipping!!
funk
let me know!!
euro911
Nobody else has responded yet, so it sounds fine with me. I don't have the time to shop shippers though.

I'll weigh the motor and look for a crate (or pallet), then PM you the info. I'll also try to locate and provide you with the shipper info for the motor I sold earlier in the year.

The buyer of that motor set up and paid for the shipping. I don't know what his cost was, but he told me that he got quotes from several different companies and that the shipper he used was good.
Old Yella
Hi
I have no affiliation with this firm but I got a quote and then went a head with shipping a humongus box with two Plymouth barracuda rear quarter panels. They went to the sellers house picked up the box and then delivered it to my front door in santa monica for around two hundred bucks. It came from the great lakes area I thought that was a good deal. They also didn't charge me to go back a second time to the sellers house because he went out at the arranged time of the first pickup, one phone call and they fixed it.
You can ask for the quote on line.

http://www.freightcenter.com/

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 5 2014, 01:09 AM) *

Nobody else has responded yet, so it sounds fine with me. I don't have the time to shop shippers though.

I'll weigh the motor and look for a crate (or pallet), then PM you the info. I'll also try to locate and provide you with the shipper info for the motor I sold earlier in the year.

The buyer of that motor set up and paid for the shipping. I don't know what his cost was, but he told me that he got quotes from several different companies and that the shipper he used was good.
funk
I've also been told shipping to a shop can be cheaper but any way my shipping code is 83811 or I can have her shipped to 83864 if cheaper??Bruce said the shipping rate to be 1$per lbs and I think you saw his post this but me in a price bracket and I cannot go out of it I live on vet disability so all I can come up with is the 675 max!! if its more expensive I won't be able to pay for more is that ok?? too boot I hear the smaller the package you can get it in the cheaper for fedx they don't necessarily go by weight. so obviously whatever to get her into a small box??my number is jo 2082909056 p.s. I just looked at my account and I could probably pull it off but its very close if you can wait till the first of oct it would be better for me but other wise I guess just sell her local

wow that site gave me a 300$quote? yikes can you do better?
SLITS
Since you are only 80 miles from Spokane, it would be best to find a LTL carrier that has a terminal in Spokane or interlines with a company based in Spokane. Strapped to a pallet, the item could be held at their terminal for your pickup.
rhodyguy
Estimate the weight, a bit high, and check out freightquote.com.
euro911
Ron (SLITS) called me this AM and has offered to ship the motor to a Spokane freight terminal on his company' freight account, resulting in a reduced charge to you.

I'll have to transport the motor up to Ron' shop in Riverside (120 mile R/T for me), but that's do-able. I'll be sending you a PM for more info, then Ron can obtain an accurate shipping estimate ... OK?
funk
mark my phone is 2082909056 it may be better to discuss this deal?? on phone?? like I've said I won't have the cash till oct??october first!! what do you think it will cost his company to ship her??I know I offered 500 plus price of shipping!! it sound a bit out of your way!!it can wait till you are heading up that way if you do go that way!! right now I am repairing the hell hole and rear floor pans so it will still be a few months before motor has to be set in place a few months atr best!! still I am trying to get ducks in a row with out getting ahead of myself and play with the bit of cash I have to deal with !!thats great you found a shipper I am fully stoked still if we are to do this deal I think we should talk on phone just briefly!! hey man I know it sounds abit shakey so obviously if you find someone who will do a pick up buy go for it!! its not a done deal till its done I don't want to sound like a flake because with the time I will buy this puppy if you honestly think its a good core!!any chance you have a side shift linkage cover and the front linkage rod??too boot??anyway hellholes my first priority and its gaining progress!!so??give me a call!! 2082909056 Jo and we can decide when the deal should go down!!
euro911
No hurry here, in fact the October time frame sounds good. I'm planning to attend the G&R swap meet at Ron's late October, so I can transport the motor up there then if it all falls into place.

I'll call you during the week ...
funk
thank you mark that sounds perfect actually if you go there in late October I would definitely have the money for it on November first great I hope things work out well!~!
drop me a line or pm me for an update!!
wolverine3000
Hey if things don't work out with funk, I'm interested in buying this engine from you.
funk
I hope we are still on for this engine!!I will have cash November 1 I was hoping you are just about ready to bring it up to slits I know you are going out on abit of a limb for me I already got the 76 fuel injection set up to fit this exact engine so I'm on the mark!!any way I can sweeten the deal?? you need any parts? I've a 71 that engine is starting to make noise cam is tearing off rivets also got many parts with my 76 roller monza exhaust?? a few miscellaneous cpus 1.8( no wiring harness seats ) anything I could ship to you you been needin my 71 has a rear window defrost??
dial9147320ltr
Engine appears one of the last made for '76 model 2.0 liter.......4,031 made in the final year and this is No. 1,281 made in that year.
funk
I have over half cash now and of course the first of Nov 1st. I will have all the cash so lets do it!!let me know when you go to the swap up at Ron's and drop off the motor!! thanks,Jo cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.