Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Mahle gas burner 4 lug on Samba $300 pair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1665918

No connection. Looks like a snatch up price.
mepstein
Not really. If it was 4 wheels it would be ok for $300
bandjoey
Not a wheel expert here. I see a set of these offered on many forum priced at over $1500. Some up to $2500. So why is this not a good price? confused24.gif
orthobiz
Neither good nor bad, they will need refinishing!
I am buying a single wheel from Brad Mayeur in a couple of weeks (to get rid of a Riviera spare that doesn't match), so if I get a chance, I'll weigh in with a picture and a price. My current set is polished so the paint condition doesn't matter as much.

Paul
dlkawashima
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *

Not a wheel expert here. I see a set of these offered on many forum priced at over $1500. Some up to $2500. So why is this not a good price? confused24.gif

Those that go for $2500 a set are the magnesium 5-lug Gas Burners. Aluminum 4-lug Baby Burners usually go for about $100 a wheel.
rhodyguy
cast not forged. i would want confirmation the wheels are straight and tru prior to the purchase. that's for ANY used wheel. steel OR alloy.
KELTY360
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Aug 9 2014, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *

Those that go for $2500 a set are the magnesium 5-lug Gas Burners. Aluminum 4-lug Baby Burners usually go for about $100 a wheel.

agree.gif I just sold a nice set of 5 for $125/ea and felt it was a fair price.
JawjaPorsche
Got a set of 5 two years ago for $350 and they had almost new tires. smile.gif Big improvement over my steelies.
bandjoey
Ahhhhh Sooooo. Baby= Alum and 4 lug. Education for CSOB 914 Owner greatfully accepted. w00t.gif

To fit hub centric later hubs, what is the part number on the backside of the wheel, or are they all hub centric?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.