Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will G-50 prices go up when this mid-engine V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Factory Five is coming out with an LS-1 powered (min. 345hp out of a 'vette) kit car that will use the G-50 transmissions...from the looks of it, the transmission is mounted upside down....hmmmm wonder if they will sell only the adapter parts?? IPB Image

IPB Image
bondo
That's awfully low.. dry sump?
Aaron Cox
wow.... what is the kit for? (body style????)
BIGKAT_83
Been watching this for 2 years I've even seen the frame. Poormans Ultima at 20k for the rolling body&frame kit
BIGKAT_83
Forgot attachment. IPB Image
Jeroen
dunno about that bodystyle....

IPB Image

more info on the manufacturers website...
www.factoryfive.com
redshift
Looks like a shiddy Laser 917 Vette (HAHAHAHA)

Laugh, you bastards!

M
airsix
Mike,
Ultima has been using the G50 since like 1992. In fact, if you just want to run a G50 upside down in something they WILL sell you the parts (it's like $250). I think they basically relocate the vent and that's it.

-Ben M.

ps - I'm with Jeroen - don't really like that body. The front 1/3 looks good, and the rear 1/3 looks good. But the middle 1/3 sucks.

pps - Ok, I take it back. The back 1/3 sucks too. The bare chassis looks SWEET though.
Mr.C
I would like to see it bare running against the ATOM. That small rear window makes it look like an 80s Datsun ZX. I might like it better if it were black, disguising the window a bit. I bet it's like the 914 though, once you drive it you forget how ugly it is. IPB Image
URY914
I'd run it with out the body. I like watching the ground go by. IPB Image

Paul
boxstr
The flat black car on the company website looks more promising. I like it, don't care for the back wing, got rice?
CCLINDROOLDROOL
kafermeister
If I read the page correctly, the yellow car is the first body shape. The shape has since been reworked into the black car.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/G...mprototype.html

I like it (the black car). If I were in the market for something in that price range, I would consider this car.

IPB Image

Rick
Root_Werks
I would rather have a Beck 550 or 904. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.