Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Experts, pick this car apart from me...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
deputydog95
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-0L-N...=US_Cars_Trucks

Thoughts?
Firstcar
QUOTE(deputydog95 @ Aug 9 2014, 02:20 PM) *

I noticed a few things right off the bat besides the missing fuel injection. An aftermarket Ansa exhaust, aftermarket rear shocks do not appear to be Konis or Bilstiens (options). A lot of loose wiring in the engine bay and under car which is not original. The fuel pump is not original nor in the original location (but original wouldn't work with the carbs). The driver front headlight bucket is not aligned properly-notice the pinched seam which suggests some work done to that area-maybe an accident repair?
deputydog95
QUOTE(Firstcar @ Aug 9 2014, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(deputydog95 @ Aug 9 2014, 02:20 PM) *

I noticed a few things right off the bat besides the missing fuel injection. An aftermarket Ansa exhaust, aftermarket rear shocks do not appear to be Konis or Bilstiens (options). A lot of loose wiring in the engine bay and under car which is not original. The fuel pump is not original nor in the original location (but original wouldn't work with the carbs). The driver front headlight bucket is not aligned properly-notice the pinched seam which suggests some work done to that area-maybe an accident repair?

Nice eye. This is why I come here. Thank you.
ablesnead
really clean car....drivers side trunk hinge poorly welded fix...wonder if the remote oil cooler heats the oil ?..
steuspeed
Rear valence has been replaced. Matched cut out for pipes. Looks good, but not stock. Could be converted back if desired.
deputydog95
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Aug 10 2014, 12:31 AM) *

Rear valence has been replaced. Matched cut out for pipes. Looks good, but not stock. Could be converted back if desired.

I was already a little turned off by the carbs. Now with everything
else you guys noticed.... Pass.
Pat Garvey
It's really nice , regardless of the carbs. The loose wiring is do to the lack of injection. Some dings in both valances but the car is in great condition.

Priced too high (for now), but a car I wouldn't fault heavily. All the wrong things (ANSA is OK) can be undone. Hope he hets his price.
Johny Blackstain
Good looking car & would not take much to get it back to OEM. A closer, personal inspection seems warranted.
deputydog95
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 18 2014, 07:16 PM) *

Good looking car & would not take much to get it back to OEM. A closer, personal inspection seems warranted.

It's up to $17.6 now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.