morph
He will be missed IPB Image
xsboost90
yessir, you are correct sir. YES!
Aaron Cox
ayup...died of emphysema.....

quit smokin' folks IPB Image
skline
Was that directed at me??? emphysema can be caused by other things as well, not just smoking. Tragic news about Johnny, he had a great life and a great run. But when is the last time he was live on TV? His memory is all on tape now. Only 79 too, I think that is still young. My dad is up there in age and he is still going like crazy.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 23 2005, 05:59 PM)
Was that directed at me??? emphysema can be caused by other things as well, not just smoking.

nope. but its good that you think so.

yeah...my gramps is 83 and he goes with me to six flags and will ride all the rides. IPB Image
Bruce Allert
I just found out a few minutes ago IPB Image I grew up with that guy.

My Grampa died of the same thing way back in the late 60's. Smoked Camels and also rolled his own. Must'a been a 3 - 4 pack a day guy....

Johnny will be missed IPB Image

......b
Alison Baker
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 23 2005, 04:59 PM)
Was that directed at me??? emphysema can be caused by other things as well, not just smoking.  Tragic news about Johnny, he had a great life and a great run. But when is the last time he was live on TV? His memory is all on tape now. Only 79 too, I think that is still young. My dad is up there in age and he is still going like crazy.

VERY GOOD SAID SCOTTY BOY
Emphysema is caused by many different illnesses and diseases,not just related to smoking....such as fluid in the lungs, fluid in the body and body cannot tolerate all of it..So dont go blaming smoking
reverie
Johnny Carson

I've been kicking myself for 12+ years now, for not recording the last few weeks that Johnny was on the air. I never dreamed that he would prevent re-runs from going into syndication (e.g., the 30-minute "Carson's Comedy Classics" that used to run late at night after midnight), and I figured at the very least Carson Productions would release a new tape every year for the holidays. I don't think Johnny ever fully understood how much his show meant to people, and what a void there was after he retired (which still exists; many people feel that Dave and Jay are coarse and juvenile, far from the easy hipness and sophistication that Johnny had).

With his passing, and I mean no disrespect, but I hope Carson Productions finally releases more of his material than the paltry 4-volume set which spans his 4-decade run as host of The Tonight Show (just fyi, that set is now out of print). I mean, enough time has passed, what could they possibly be waiting for now? If any of you have tapes of "Johnny Carson and The Tonight Show" please send me a PM.. thank you!

I'm still kicking myself for being a fool.. IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
Was that directed at me??? emphysema can be caused by other things as well, not just smoking. Tragic news about Johnny, he had a great life and a great run. But when is the last time he was live on TV? His memory is all on tape now. Only 79 too, I think that is still young. My dad is up there in age and he is still going like crazy.

Maybe so, but I'll guarandamntee you he wasn't in ANY of the other "high risk" groups ............................ Gotta quit that sh*t, we need you here ..................The Cap'n
wheelo
IPB Image
Cheers -to -you ...
JOHNNY !
R.I.P.
Your the best!
Class-Act baby!
Peace

Mark M.
dinomium
Doc is here. Doc is not here? No Tommy, you dont look like Doc!
One of the greatest runnin bitz of all time.
The world got a little less funny.
JB 914

Jezz, lighten up Francis!

are your chances of Emphysema higher as a smoker or not? What about Cancer or heart attack?

I want you to quit, cuz, it will make you live longer. But, you gotta do it because YOU WANT TO!
Root_Werks
My brothers, father and I would watch Jonny pretty much every night. His death is certainly a sad closure on a piece of my life. IPB Image

RIP Jonny. IPB Image
Scott Carlberg
my dad had a similar story yesterday when we talked about Johnny passing away...

my Dad:
"I used to stay up until 1am every nite watching the Tonite Show, then get up at 6.30 to go to work.
Johnny provided so many Laughs & Memorable moments for me".

Funny thing about timing....
I think it was last Tuesday, Freddy Lasalle, the Tonite Show producer, came out and said that Johnny had been sending jokes to Letterman after reading the morning newspaper, and that he got a real kick out of seeing Dave use them during the monologue.
Two nites later on Thursday, Dave told a joke during the monologue that just Bombed....
Dave looked right into the camera and said,
"that wasn't one of Johnny's". IPB Image

R.I.P. Johnny
Lou W
I saw an interview with Jerry Lewis, they asked him what he had to say about Johnny Carson passing away, his response was "No Comment". What's up with that? was there some bad blood between them? or was Jerry too dispondant? IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.