Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small Displacement Variocam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
This may sound crazy, but has anyone made a smal displacement Variocam motor?
The only reason I ask is that if possible could make a nice little PCA GT3 or GT4 class race motor.

Can it be done? Am I insane? Would it even work?
airsix
I can't comment other than to say that it would be really neat. Every time I drive my Dad's 300zx I'm jealous of the fact that it pulls just as hard at 2k as it does at 6k. It would be really fun to have a small six that felt like a T at the bottom, an E in the middle, and an S at the top. wink.gif

-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
Have money will make work.

I saw a Varioram setup at the swap meet today. The main problem with this setup: They where designed for 3.6 heads with 3 bolts per cylinder holind it down. It would require somes serious work to bolt it to a early engine.

B
seanery
It sounded like a cool idea when I was falling asleep the other day so I had to ask.

Other than the heads mating to the case, what else would be a concern?
airsix
Who's on first? Seanry's talking varioCAM, Brad's talking varioRAM. and I'm outa'here. wink.gif
-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
I guess.. I just wanted to see VARIORAM..

Nothing is remotely close. Porsche didnt do Variocam until the 996/986 engines ..and they dont share a single bolt with the 993 engines.

B
seanery
what's on the 993 varioram or variocam?
Brad Roberts
Varioram. It has a twin intake setup (in one) dual runner paths for high and low RPM flow.

B
seanery
OIC

I thought they had the variocam. I got them cornfused.

that's what i wanted. VARIOCAM on a small motor- OH WELL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.