Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric gremlin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arkitect
This is a new issue on my 73, when I turn off the ignition key where I'm able to pull out the keys the left front turn signal goes on. Never had that happen before. What I have to do to keep the light off is start to turn the key for it to go off, just a little past off but then I have the key where it won't come out of the ignition. Any ideas?

Dave
JStroud
Sounds like maybe a new ignition switch is in your future.

Jeff
arkitect
It's probably been a year but I put in a new switch. Would it go out that quick? I thought it was a wear item from a lot of use and believe me it has not been used that much.

Dave
Spoke
Only the left front turnsignal comes on? I don't think there's a separate wire from the ignition switch only to the left front turnsignal.

Almost sounds like there is some crossed wire in your steering column.

Is it the turnsignal (bright filament) or running light (dim filament) that is on?
JStroud
Probably not a dedicated wire from the switch to the left turn lol-2.gif

Was thinking the switch since he can get it to go out by turning the switch.
Just because it's new doesn't always mean anything the new one are cheaper built than the originals.

Might check if it's turn or running to be sure what circuit, also check the bulb in the right one, both could be on just the right bulb is out, if it's running lights is the rear on too.
I'm no electrician by any means, just trying to offer suggestions.
Someone with more experience might have seen this before.

Jeff
Dave_Darling
Just put your turn signal switch back to the middle. With the car off, you still turn on one side's turn signals (steady on) by moving the turn signal stalk up or down. It's perfectly normal behavior, and is designed in.

--DD
lvnzdrm
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 10 2014, 04:07 PM) *

Just put your turn signal switch back to the middle. With the car off, you still turn on one side's turn signals (steady on) by moving the turn signal stalk up or down. It's perfectly normal behavior, and is designed in.

--DD

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 10 2014, 05:35 PM) *
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 10 2014, 04:07 PM) *
Just put your turn signal switch back to the middle.

agree.gif

agree.gif

Your turn signal lever is in the down position. Move it back to the middle ...
smile.gif
Johns914
My 72 freaked me out the first time I shut it off with the lever not in the middle. I walk back out to the car and see the opposite side lights were on.
arkitect
That was the easiest 914 problem fixed ever. I wish all of my teener problems were that easy to fix.

Thanks for letting me know. piratenanner.gif

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.