Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad West
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Triaddave
I recentely have the red car running again. went back to stock 2056cc with heat exchangers and 44 webers.
Question now is oil temp. I think i installed the wrong sender for the VDO. The gauge reads 250 degrees at hot. What is the normal running temp on our cars and how can I check the temp without removing the taco plate?. I tired a priometer and it read 160 degrees at the dipstict at 250+ at the guage. I am running Brad Penn start up oil, and do not want to drain until break in is done.......
jim_hoyland
I use the dip stick thermometer made by Mainlybydesign to verify...

See: http://www.mainelycustombydesign.com/engin...s.html#dipstick
Harpo
I spoke to the guy @ Mainely and he is no longer making the type 4 dip stick thermometer. What about putting a thermocouple down the dip stick tube to the exact same depth?

David
Jesco Reient
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Aug 10 2014, 03:12 PM) *

I recentely have the red car running again. went back to stock 2056cc with heat exchangers and 44 webers.
Question now is oil temp. I think i installed the wrong sender for the VDO. The gauge reads 250 degrees at hot. What is the normal running temp on our cars and how can I check the temp without removing the taco plate?. I tired a priometer and it read 160 degrees at the dipstict at 250+ at the guage. I am running Brad Penn start up oil, and do not want to drain until break in is done.......

So the car is running cooler and happier now. Dave is smiling along the road!
RonnieJ
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 10 2014, 07:06 PM) *

I spoke to the guy @ Mainely and he is no longer making the type 4 dip stick thermometer. What about putting a thermocouple down the dip stick tube to the exact same depth?

David

He must have started making them again. I received mine last week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.