Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JWest Fuse Block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I received a new JWest fuse block update but there was no paint on the mounting base. When did this happen?
bandjoey
Possibly for good ground
?
pvollma
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 11 2014, 06:40 PM) *

I received a new JWest fuse block update but there was no paint on the mounting base. When did this happen?

Make sure you insulate the spade connectors. After no problems with the installation, a few months later I lost a whole host of electrical items (gauges, turn signals, etc.) while driving. Turned out one or more of the spade connectors had been pressed down towards the base when it was installed, and finally contacted it and shorted (pardon my inelegant description, but I had my shop diagnose and fix the problem, so I'm trying to remember their description). Just make sure that there's no way a spade connector can short against the base.
arkitect
Do these fuse panels with the more updated blade type fuses help? What are the advantages?

Dave
914Sixer
The updated fuse block keeps you from knocking the fuses out and or breaking the cover. My fuse block was broken on one of the bases and the cover was gone. New fuse block about $35 and new cover around $25. I was half way to the price of a new style block.

I was planning to use a different spade type connector than what was provided but I am not sure if the double stack connector will work. At any rate I will heat shrink the connectors.
Cairo94507
I am installing one of these in my Six as a precautionary measure as I had issues with both of my other Sixes with the stock fuse block and the little fuses. I just think this is one area we can improve on with out it really changing the car.
SKL1
Had one for quite a while and the base is not painted, just like yours. I assume they're all like that.
larryM
have had one installed for several years - love it

what the h... does it matter what color or paint is or is not on it ????????????

- it ain't an original part

it is what it is, and makers are free to do running changes and improvements in their products

- even Porsche did/does that to this day

914Sixer
Just asking, the last one (3 yrs ago) was painted. All the sales pictures show them painted. Seems that they quit paint awhile back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.