Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 80's 911 seats...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
I've been blessed with a pair of 911SC seats (leather) that i would somehow like to fit into my car... I'd like to keep the 914-style rails in place and I would like to keep the 911 seats' rails and adjusters if possible... Has anyone tried this before? any ideas on how to make the parts work together without (too much) fabrication? TIA...

Leather-seat lover... -Brando
campbellcj
I'm not certain about the later ones, but the earlier 911 seats are -way- too tall for the 914.

For a lot of folks (esp. w/ helmets) even the stock 914 seats are "too high".

I suspect if they would fit at all, you'd have to use custom bases or mount them directly to the floor. You'll most likely have to lose the upholstered backpad, too, if you still have one.
Brando
Yeah I still have my backpad... I was thinking if I somehow took a plate of ΒΌ" steel and cut holes into it (like an adapter plate) to line it up where the 914 rails go, myabe I could bolt it all together... but damn, if they're too tall that just ruins the idea... IPB Image And I don't wanna spend a lot of $$$ to have the headrests cut off of the seats just to fit them in there... IPB Image
campbellcj
Best way to check out the setup is to remove a stock seat and base (only 4 little bolts!) and set it on the ground alongside the 911 seat and base. See if the geometry and height is close enough.
r_towle
i dont think the problem is the overall height of the seat, i.e the backrest height...

I think the problem is how high your head is while on the seat.

So it would be more top of seat, or bottom of ass height that you need to check.

Rich
xsboost90
those are almost the same as 944 seats, and i tried to fit one of those into the teener and the base was too tall.
boxstr
I saw a 914 at the German Autofest two years ago, I think it belonged to Joe Pittas brother. He installed 911 seats by removing the cross piece under the stock seats. It is the piece that the tilt limiter mounts to. They can be removed without causing any undo harm . As per the Bradster.
CCLINSEATME
Brando
boxstr... does that involve any cutting or welding of the floorpanels?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.