Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: saw a brand new UNIMOG today ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
saw a brand new UNIMOG today at the homedepot parking lot ...

those things are *HUGE*! IPB Image
he took up 4 parking spaces ...

i could easily have parked my 914 underneath without hitting anything.
no kidding ...

i want one!
IPB Image Andy
SirAndy
IPB Image
vortrex
it would be fun to have one of those if you lived out in the middle of nowhere, but driving one in the bay area is pretty silly.
Aaron Cox
my uncle has had a few. dirt slow... underpowered and can climb anything with a topspeed of 55 IPB Image. a bazilllion forward gears IPB Image

army surplus places sell em for a few grand
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 23 2005, 09:29 PM)
my uncle has had a few. dirt slow... underpowered and can climb anything with a topspeed of 55 IPB Image. a bazilllion forward gears IPB Image

army surplus places sell em for a few grand

yeah, the old ones from the '70 and '80s,
but this was a brand new model.
no dirt, looked like it just came off the container ship.

i bet it did cost the guy more than just "a few grand" ...
IPB Image Andy
Rhodes71/914
Those thing are sooo cool.

Saw one get used like it's supposed to when I lived in Costa Rica

The Ultimate utility vehicle, no sport in there.
r_towle
i would love to show up at an autocross with my 914 in the bed, get a really cool crane to lift the car in and out...

Rich
joea9146
I saw one of these on the road a few weeks ago.... a Hummer killer IPB Image
I was in my Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 when I passed this on the Highway and felt Very Small

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_.../severe/cxt.asp
Joe Bob
From the ridiculous to the Fuching ridiculous.....

I owned an F-350 quad cab 4x4 when I convinced myself that the family wanted to go camping....we went ONCE....you can't see shit, can't turn around and everyone hates you....best thing ever happened to me when the check cleared after I watched it go down the road....

Funny thing....the phone NEVER stopped ringing when I advertised it....
URY914
I have no use for one but I really want one. Is that wrong?

So I can do this...
URY914
Some of you guys need one of these this morning? IPB Image
Root_Werks
Someone in my area has one. Old Unimog with the turrent still on the roof, but no gun. Thing looks sweet. I would want one, but for what? I don't know? IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
GTeener
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 24 2005, 08:09 AM)
I have no use for one but I really want one. Is that wrong?

So I can do this...

What? Play with your GI Joes?
IPB Image
Andy
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jan 23 2005, 10:20 PM)
i would love to show up at an autocross with my 914 in the bed, get a really cool crane to lift the car in and out...

Rich

A couple of guys on a 4x4 BB I belong to did it with a little Suzuki Samurai after they broke it. The State Patrol didn't think too much of it! (Actually I think they just got pulled over to make sure it was properly secured and they couldn't imagine that a Sammi would be under that mog's payload rating - but it is!)
Ray Warren
We have a brand new one on the lot at work $185000.00 CDN and a 1970
in the shop having the engine done. The rest of it is mint.
Very cool trucks.
scotty b
Anyone here heard opf a Pinzgauer? It's just as bad ass and twice as ugly!! I don't have any pics but I have a video of one in action and the performance ALMOST makes up for the ugly! IPB Image
URY914
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 24 2005, 05:27 PM)
Anyone here heard opf a Pinzgauer? It's just as bad ass and twice as ugly!! I don't have any pics but I have a video of one in action and the performance ALMOST makes up for the ugly! IPB Image

here's one...
URY914
Army version.
scotty b
IPB Image Thanks Paul. Amazing what a four cylinder will do!! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.