Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans mount on end cover cracked
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikesavina
While I was inspecting my car for loose parts I noticed the nut in the Trans mount was a little loose....so I hit it with an impact, which was a bad idea. I cracked the cast Trans mount on the transmission end cover. Anybody have an input on what to do? I can't seem to find an end cover for a side shift transmission and I can't weld cast. Any help would be appreciated.
76-914
Place a WTB: in the classified section here. Lots of them laying around.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikesavina @ Aug 12 2014, 09:34 AM) *

While I was inspecting my car for loose parts I noticed the nut in the Trans mount was a little loose....so I hit it with an impact, which was a bad idea. I cracked the cast Trans mount on the transmission end cover. Anybody have an input on what to do? I can't seem to find an end cover for a side shift transmission and I can't weld cast. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a side shift cover I will sell for $ 50 plus shipping. I have seen them welded. I think they are magnesium alloy like the trans body.
Mikesavina
Thanks guys. I'd be interested in the one you have bdstone914 can you pm me a pic and your info. Thanks
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikesavina @ Aug 12 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Thanks guys. I'd be interested in the one you have bdstone914 can you pm me a pic and your info. Thanks

Here is a couple of pictures of the trans cover. Needs a stud replaced that is missing. I can pull one from another cover.

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.