Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a long time member passed away.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
i noted the mention in the 'teener tuesday' thread this am. if you're able, please join us for the drive to bellingham for his celebration of life next monday the 18th. nate suggests meeting at the costco in burlington @2pm and i think that's a great plan. nord always managed to find the time to drive to get togethers. bellingham to bremerton, a long haul for breakfast. if you can, take a moment at 3pm pst next monday and keep him in your thoughts.

kevin
greenie
Very sad

Nord will be missed by all.

carr914
RIP
SirAndy
sad.gif
MartyYeoman
I got to know Nord at the WCC at The Dalles a couple of years ago.
Sorry to hear the news. RIP good buddy. sad.gif
BIGKAT_83
RIP bye1.gif
Mblizzard
Never got to meet Nordic but had several conversations with him and he was a great guy. I will take a drive for him!
Eddie914
STUNNED! He will be dearly missed!

I just spent time with him on 08/02 at the swap meet. He looked healthy as ever??

RIP

messix
no words seem enough to express, a great man, humble, fun, what a loss I am so saddened. sad.gif
rick 918-S
Sorry to read this.
Mike Bellis
sad.gif
jim_hoyland
Very sad to hear this. I met Nord at two WCRs, Seattle and The Dalles. Always interesting and a real 914'r
RIP
pcar916
He's left behind a bunch of folks with fond memories of him. That's a great legacy.
JRust
So sorry to hear this! Nord looked to be in great shape. Always a pleasure to hang with him at any event. He was a true asset to us all. R.I.P Nord you will be missed sad.gif
speed metal army
sad.gif I met Nord at the vintage races in Mission. I was rolling through with my car just after I converted it. He flagged me down, and we talked cars. Super nice guy, always trying to get me to go on runs in Wa state.
RIP sad.gif
Drums66
*God bless*....Sincere regards to his family!
greenie
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with one of Nord's sons Paul.

Kind of funny that he was trying to reach Nord's friends but didn't know how to contact us.
He tried PCA but since Nord was a teener they didn't know us!

This morning I called Nord on his cell phone, his granddaughter told Paul that someone called Grandpa!

Paul knows how important the 914 and the people that love these cars were to his father. He was so happy to talk.

I told him of our plans to drive up an honor his dad, he said that him and his family will be thrilled!

Shorts and flip flops (it's all Nord wore) are appropriate.

I'm missing Nord,

Curt

messix
I got half the day off to go.
rhodyguy
Detective curt! Good work!
Mr.242
I am in shock. I have very fond memories of NORD. He sold me my front valence, ecause be wanted me to have a very nice one for my build. He insisted on a fair price. I am blessed to have had this happen.

My mind spins as I try to get my Monday figured out so I can make the drive. I have no vacation time at work and suspect I will be denied.

My thoughts and condolences. NORD you will be missed.
greenie
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 12 2014, 06:47 PM) *

I am in shock. I have very fond memories of NORD. He sold me my front valence, ecause be wanted me to have a very nice one for my build. He insisted on a fair price. I am blessed to have had this happen.

My mind spins as I try to get my Monday figured out so I can make the drive. I have no vacation time at work and suspect I will be denied.

My thoughts and condolences. NORD you will be missed.

He drove from Bellingham to deliver a front GT valence to me, "didn't want it to get
fucked up".

This is how a man is remembered!

I hope you can make it.
messix
we might have to run up mount baker at sunset and pour a little maple syrup in his honor.
greenie
QUOTE(messix @ Aug 12 2014, 06:57 PM) *

we might have to run up mount baker at sunset and pour a little maple syrup in his honor.

I said that I wouldn't attend his breakfast a few years ago if he didn't have maple smoked sausage, he went out of his way and cooked up my "special sausage".
I hope it was maple smoked. sheeplove.gif
greenie
A friend of Nord's sent me this...

"Nord was a good man and a friend to me in many different circles. his 914 was a big deal to him and a path to many good friends. I'm gonna miss him. I'm missing him right now."
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 12 2014, 08:19 PM) *

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with one of Nord's sons Paul.

Kind of funny that he was trying to reach Nord's friends but didn't know how to contact us.
He tried PCA but since Nord was a teener they didn't know us!

This morning I called Nord on his cell phone, his granddaughter told Paul that someone called Grandpa!

Paul knows how important the 914 and the people that love these cars were to his father. He was so happy to talk.

I told him of our plans to drive up an honor his dad, he said that him and his family will be thrilled!

Shorts and flip flops (it's all Nord wore) are appropriate.

I'm missing Nord,

Curt

That is SOOOOOO Nord!! shades.gif I guess I'm ready then.

Since I've had a day to digest the loss of my friend, I find myself smiling at the memories we shared over the past 5 years that I knew him.

I have really fond memories teaming up with Nord for the Artist Point runs. We'd talk cars as we cooked eggs, sausage ("the maple kind, yeah, yeah. . .") pancakes etc. Nord lived and breathed cars and had a special affinity for the 914.

He was one hell of a driver too. About a year ago, I had a father/son pair come out to the shop from Spokane for an engine build. That Wednesday evening was the Artist Point run for the Chuckanut sports car club, so I called Nord to see if he had an empty seat for one of them. Of course he was happy to oblige. We proceeded to give those two guys a night they would never forget. We made it from the top to the bottom in just over 14 minutes that night. driving.gif When we stopped for dinner after the blast down, the dad looked at Nord and I and said, "This beats the hell out of hanging around at the hotel!! I've never been so scared in all my life!!" I looked at Nord and said, "Mission accomplished!!" happy11.gif lol-2.gif

I'm glad I was able to make one more trip up and down Artist Point with him a couple weeks ago. . . driving.gif

R.I.P. Nord!! May you always enjoy the endless twisty road and perpetually full tank. . .
messix
lets go !!!
KELTY360
Greenie's mention of Nord's granddaughter got me to thinking about what a great Grandpa he must have been; that easy smile and gravelly voice must have been music to a little one's ears....Grandpa's here!

Hard to believe he's gone, he was so engaged in everyday living and so full of life. This is very hard to take. Miss you buddy.
TC 914-8
WOW , Very sad news !!!!!
Troy just messaged me. I was just thinking of him last Saturday as I viewed Mt Baker, thinking I would love to make his breakfast run to Artist point this year. My condolenceses to his family, Nord was always smiling and having fun. I know he was close to alot of you PNW and World brothers, many stories will be remembered and retold about him. I can reflect on the several times we met and hung out. Always a class act. His memory will last with me until its my turn.........
RIP Nord sad.gif sad.gif
greenie
Nord and Artist Point
montoya 73 2.0
This is a sad day indeed. A great guy and a even better human being. He will be missed!
jeeperjohn56
Sorry to read this, met Nord at the Dalles WCR2013 will be truly missed. sad.gif
DNHunt
We don't see Mt Baker often from T town but when I do from now on it will remind me of Nord. I only made the run once but it was a great day. Wish I could make it Monday but on a trip planned for a long time.
flipb
Never met Nord, but he sold me a set of 1.7 rockers last year for my 2056 build. Super-pleasant to deal with, and insisted that I not send payment until I'd received the parts and verified that I could use them.

My condolences to his family and those who knew him well. Will be thinking of you all next time I drive the teener. Make the most of your time; we don't get to see how much is left on the game clock.
Dr Evil
Damn sad.gif We were friends and he was definitely as awesome as you all describe. I first met him in person at the last PNW clinic and he brought some pickled fish to temp me with/fuck with me. smile.gif Very generous. He had offered up he place for this coming PNW clinic and it just happened to be too far for most. We talked often over email/PM. Cant believe how sudden this was as I knew nothing of any illness. We have lost a great man, friend, enthusiast and we are all better for knowing him.

drunk.gif
CptTripps
Wow. That just really sucks.

My thoughts are with his family.
Tom
So sorry to hear this. I met Nord once, the breakfast at the Bremerton pancake house in 09. What a great guy, drove all the way down to for breakfast with other teeners. Always wanted to go to one of his drives and breakfast but it seemed there was always something keeping me from it. My loss!! He will be missed. He was a great ambassador for our cars and our lives! RIP buddy!
Tom
ruby914
Sorry to hear this bad news. sad.gif
I didn't know the man but a search reminded me, he was always there with mrs.K.gif, never missed a Birthday. smilie_pokal.gif
RIP Nord.
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 AM) *

i noted the mention in the 'teener tuesday' thread this am. if you're able, please join us for the drive to bellingham for his celebration of life next monday the 18th. nate suggests meeting at the costco in burlington @2pm and i think that's a great plan. nord always managed to find the time to drive to get togethers. bellingham to bremerton, a long haul for breakfast. if you can, take a moment at 3pm pst next monday and keep him in your thoughts.

kevin

I wish I could make it. I'll see if I can swing it but it is doubtful. I am thankful I got to know Nord over the years. My prayers are with his family through this difficult time. I hope I can work it out to come confused24.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 13 2014, 10:37 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 AM) *

kevin

I wish I could make it. I'll see if I can swing it but it is doubtful. I am thankful I got to know Nord over the years. My prayers are with his family through this difficult time. I hope I can work it out to come confused24.gif

If you need a place to stay Monday night you can crash at my place Jamie.
6freak
sad.gif
R.I.P
ThePaintedMan
Awful to hear this, and my condolences to his family and all of you that knew him out there. My dad had his third heart attack this Saturday and we nearly lost him... so I know how it can be. Here's hoping Nord's on a nice twisty mountain drive right now.
watsonrx13
R.I.P.
sixnotfour
Had a great talk with Nord at JW swap meet..... We both agreed Life is too short...RIP
sgetsiv
I am super sad to hear about Nord's passing. I spent an evening with him at WCR 2013 in The Dalles. What a great guy. A wonderful person...

RIP Nord. You will be missed.
messix
btt
helios
May the roads be forever twisty good buddy.

You are, and will always be missed. sad.gif
Daiberl
Just coming back from a trip and reading this, so sad. I talked with Nord at the JW Swap Meet and he was as always, I will miss him at our gatherings. RIP Nord!
Eddie914
per Nate,

See anyone at 2:00 @ Burlington Costco?

Eddie
messix
we are supposed to make a fuel stop there then
KELTY360
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Aug 18 2014, 10:35 AM) *

per Nate,

See anyone at 2:00 @ Burlington Costco?

Eddie

See you there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.