Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first track day with 3.6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914mikee100
Eric Shea did a great job installing my 3.6 twin plug and I had a great first day out on the track. My car is pretty light so I was able to hang with many of the 911 variants even with my street tires. driving.gif
pcar916
Excellent!
struckn
QUOTE(914mikee100 @ Aug 12 2014, 02:12 PM) *

Eric Shea did a great job installing my 3.6 twin plug and I had a great first day out on the track. My car is pretty light so I was able to hang with many of the 911 variants even with my street tires. driving.gif

Fantastic picture, lifting front left and a third of the rear. More please.

pray.gif

SirAndy
I still hate that center dimple on the repro 916 front bumpers. Can't wait to get rid of mine.

Other than that, looks great ...
smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif
Eric_Shea
Not sure who the first fastest car was out there but, the instructor told Mike he was the second fastest car and immediately bumped him up a class. w00t.gif

From my limited time behind the wheel, this is a very solid feeling car. This is also a very, very fast car. I'm most impressed with the amount of rubber tucked in the rear fenders.

It came back yesterday to have the clutch adjusted, windows, fuel level sending unit and figure out a fuel pump issue.
brant
Time for A6's
Beautiful car!
Cairo94507
Truly a beautiful car. I have never been a fan of the 916 front bumper but that is just me. However, this is an extremely well done car. I bet that 3.6 runs like crazy. Enjoy.
Michael N
Is might be just me but it also looks like the car is not too sure or possibly scared of the new power plant. I bet it'll take some time for it to get used to it. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

CptTripps
QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 13 2014, 09:16 AM) *

Is might be just me but it also looks like the car is not too sure or possibly scared of the new power plant. I bet it'll take some time for it to get used to it. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif
Krieger
Live the dream!
falcor75
I thought the 3.6 felt fast in my 964, cant even imagine how it'd feel in a 914... enjoy! smile.gif
johnhora
Looks Great!
What size rubber and wheels you running under that machine?
914mikee100
QUOTE(johnhora @ Aug 13 2014, 07:31 AM) *

Looks Great!
What size rubber and wheels you running under that machine?

275/40 ZR 17 rear and 235/40 ZR 17 front. There is still plenty of room up front so I will be looking for different wheels when i get track tires. on 9s and 7s.
914mikee100
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Aug 13 2014, 05:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 13 2014, 09:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif

I am out of money for this round, but I agree that I don't like the 916 front as much as I thought. I will be going for a black GT bumper when things pick up.
Cairo94507
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
OllieG
QUOTE(914mikee100 @ Aug 13 2014, 04:56 PM) *

I am out of money for this round, but I agree that I don't like the 916 front as much as I thought. I will be going for a black GT bumper when things pick up.

Stunning car but yeah, gotta agree about the 916 bumper….not a fan. But still very jealous all the same.. dry.gif
johannes
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 12 2014, 02:39 PM) *

I still hate that center dimple on the repro 916 front bumpers

I agree ...

BK911
IMO there is enough awesomeness on you car to overlook the front bumper. For now. Stunning looks and then with a 3.6? Just WOW!!
db9146
If I had that much horsepower pushing me around, I think I'd have the same look on my face too!!! lol...

914mikee100, that's a nice looking car. I'd love to know more about it. Did you post anything or have a thread on the build?
914mikee100
No thread, just occasional postings. It has steel GT flares, fiberglass trunk lid, door skins, rear bumper and front bumper. Lexan back window with sparse interior so it is pretty light. 3.6 from a 993 with a hydraulic clutch and a 911 (not 901) transmission with reversed ring and pinion. It has heavy Carrera brakes and front suspension. It is still a work in progress and I hope to have money to upgrade the transmission and get lighter brakes in the future along with the bumper swap.
tomrev
Very beautiful car! Have to agree with the 916 comments; having had one on my six also, it always made me think the mould was pulled too soon, or some how got warped before all the repo's started coming out; they always look "melted"I vote for the early bumper look on this baby, for sure!
brant
What a the total weight?
JamesM
Looked this thing over a few times at Erics... thats a lot of motor... and tires... and fiberglass!

Now bring it out to an autocross!

http://youtu.be/_B31N6VP8ss

AZ914
Very nice! Congrats Mike.
76-914
Beautiful car. You can't see the bumper from where you sit so why worry about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.