Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr says we have won this battle with Cancer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pilothyer
As probably very few have noticed, I haven't been active on this forum for quite some time, due to a battle with cancer. I am now back in the pink with a clean bill of health. I have missed the fellowship with all my 914 brethren here at 914 World.
The major concern was with a cancer named Pilomatrical Carcinoma on my left posterior shoulder, which was removed and a skin graft applied October 7, 2013. The second was called Basal Cell Carcinoma which was on my nose. I underwent surgery on the shoulder with good results, however, as a preventative measure went through radiation treatments of that area. I later went through Micrographic Surgery of the nose and later a skin graft for the same.
First off I want to thank God for sparing my life and for giving me more time to spend with my 3 children ages 4, 8, and 12 and my wife of 27 years.
I wish to extend my apologies to many unanswered PMs and emails during that time. I now continue with my projects to leave all my children and my wife a fully restored 914 each and to keep my daily driver on the road. mueba.gif
rhodyguy
Excellent Jerry!
timothy_nd28
Awesome news. smile.gif
Chris H.
Great news Jerry! Welcome back.

rick 918-S
OMG! Great news!
JRust
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 12 2014, 07:48 PM) *

Great news Jerry! Welcome back.

agree.gif .I can hear the welcome back carter music now. Awesome news & congrats on beating it.
bandjoey
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
Great news. I wondered where the little Cherokee went. biggrin.gif
HalfMoon
Terrific news!
Like you, I'm (bladder) cancer free now as well piratenanner.gif
My "Little Bastard" wouldn't permit my passing just yet as we've yet to get painted, lol (and besides, NO ONE would continue to mush on with his fix one break four attitude if indeed I left).
Pleased for us both,
David
914werke
good on ya Jerry! Keep fightin~
mepstein
smilie_pokal.gif
Porschef
I don't know ya, but I'm glad to hear that you've got the clean bill. I'm in remission for almost two years, and believe that a positive attitude is most important. Makes one appreciate the important things in life smile.gif

Oh yeah, that little four wheeled therapy thing helps too beer.gif biggrin.gif
Luke M
Hi Jerry,

I'm glad to hear that things are going well with you.
billh1963
Excellent news
914Sixer
Great, good to have you back biggrin.gif
Mblizzard
That's great news Jerry! Finally installed that sway bar you sold me. Worked great. If you have time, I would like to extend a special invitation to you to attend Okteenerfest. It is September 25 to 27th. If you are interested, PM me and I will get you the details and pay your registration fee!
Cairo94507
Welcome back and great news. We have all lost people near and dear to us to this indiscriminate killer. Glad you caught it in time and won the battle first.gif
SteveL
Awesome News! piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
Fantastic
Eddie914
Congratulations! Keep fighting!
aircooledtechguy
Congrats!! Every day is a gift. . .
watsonrx13
Excellent news.... aktion035.gif
Drums66
GREAT NEWS!!!....God bless you & your family.
bye1.gif
Beeliner
cheer.gif cheer.gif A road trip is considered physical therapy... Get to it!!!
JawjaPorsche
That is great news, Jerry! Awesome!

Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.