Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magic trick for replacing headlight switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
Thru the vent or what?
Rotary'14
You gotta drop the fuse panel and pull it out from behind,, you can gain access back there by removing the fuel level/brake indicator gauge.

speed metal army
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Aug 12 2014, 08:50 PM) *

You gotta drop the fuse panel and pull it out from behind,, you can gain access back there by removing the fuel level/brake indicator gauge.

Ugh! Really?? Theres not an easier way? confused24.gif happy11.gif
bandjoey
Done it. Find a 10 year old with skinny arms. And don't forget to unhook the battery. Have fun! piratenanner.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Aug 12 2014, 11:17 PM) *

Thru the vent or what?

Yep, that's how I get mine out! And I've had it out like four times in the last month or so, lol.
Unhook the battery, drop the fuse panel, and remove the vent (a very thin screwdriver on each side). I find it's quite easy to pull it through the vent that way.
Ten minute job.
D
toolguy
remove lower dash knee panel. .
speed metal army
QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 12 2014, 10:03 PM) *

remove lower dash knee panel. .

And thru the vent..? My parts cars revealed some paths and this was one of them.
rnellums
No vent removal required. It comes out the back side of the dash once the fuse panel is pulled down. A bit of a contortion to get up there to be sure.
speed metal army
Click to view attachment
Gotcha! Terminal 56 is loose and crispy! No more flickey flickety flick. smile.gif
Once I put the new switch in that is. aktion035.gif
Thanks for the advice guys! It turned out I dropped the knee pad and went thru the vent hole. Slick as can be. I took one look at the fuse panel and chickened out moving it. biggrin.gif
Stoked! No more fear of the dark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.