Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 style gas gauge panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
Guys,

As usual,I am probably looking for 'unobtainium' biggrin.gif
I am buying a GT gas gauge from NHS and I want to install it in a panel similar to that of the 916.
The picture from AA shows how I want it to look(thanks AA).
Do we have any contacts on this board who would make such a panel ?
I have a very good trimmer here in Sydney but mine is probably the first 914 he has actually worked on !

TIA
Dennis. smile.gif
SLITS
Don't know anyone, but that looks like the early "deposit box" with an additional upper panel, probably made of 1/8" (4mm) plywood. I'll look at the one I have
( think I still have it).

Piece of wood, hole saw, grey material, glue, gauge and about an hour worth of time. Extend the existing wiring from the dash location to the new panel.

No problem.
Cairo94507
That is the original deposit box with an added panel at the top for the gauge. My Six came with and has that box, minus the top part for the fuel gauge.
larryM
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 13 2014, 05:43 AM) *

That is the original deposit box with an added panel at the top for the gauge. My Six came with that box,

yup - mine too - I threw it away 20 yrs ago & installed (horrors) a later appearance group console

- I like it that way piratenanner.gif

X2 on Slits' solution

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.