Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: empi 8 spokes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
morning..

I have a set of 8 spokes that I am thinking of selling. Seems I heard some discussion regarding original vs copy EMPI's.

Is there a difference, and how can one tell? The only marking I can find on my 8 spokes is a stamped warning regarding max load.

thanks

IPB Image
Mueller
don't qoute me IPB Image , but I think the "real" EMPI's that have a collectors value to them are the original 2-piece rims (do you have bolts on the backside?)

Most 8-spoke rims we see on 914's are from American Racing, cheap knock offs that can be bought all day long for about $50 each

You can still get new EMPI brand 8-spoke rims, these normally go for about $120 each new. The new ones are a single piece cast wheel. Nothing wrong with them, just not the best offset for a 914.

IPB Image
kafermeister
Originals EMPIs (both 4-lug and 5-lug) are 2-piece bolt together wheel. All of the cast 1 piece units are reproductions of some sort...Usually manufactured by Eagle.

Rick
kafermeister
Yea, what Mike said.
jr91472
cool, these are one piece 4 lugs.

mainly wanted to make sure that I advertise the correctly.

thanks all IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.