Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trim removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Ok whats the trick on removing the alum trim pieces on the rear of the top with out bending it ,I know you remove the screw on top but whats holding the bottom on.I guess you car it the roof pillar and I really don't need a new one at 200.00 bucks .Help
skline
There is an 8mm nut holding it on at the bottom, you can access it from the wheel well.
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 24 2005, 08:47 AM)
There is an 8mm nut holding it on at the bottom, you can access it from the wheel well.

Sometimes IPB Image

1/4" drive....universal joint.....long extension.....lotsa contorsion of the body and arms (your's not the car's)
skline
Maybe this will help you too.
spunone
Thanks did'nt know there was a nut holding it down Thats why I waited to ask this forum.Sure can save you money.Thanks again
Porsche Rescue
Sometimes you can remove it without dealing with the nut at all. Use the palm of your hand and carefully press down and try to slide the trim to the rear (after removing the screw at the top). It will often slide off the clamp. It takes some effort since there is usually some putty between the clamp and the trim piece. I have done this several times.
Installation is the reverse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.