Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale 914 Attn. : J Rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
relentless
Hey J Rust, what is the story on this 914? Is it a keeper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-door...s#ht_678wt_1359

Elliot Cannon
Wasn't that car at the WCR Crater Lake?
messix
John Kelly made the flares, the guy is amazing in metal forming.

google John Kelly metal shaping and metalwork!
Dave_Darling
John is (or was) a member here for quite a while.

--DD
76-914
He is a metal wizard but that one............ barf.gif
rhodyguy
Looks better in person. Car was at the dalles.
jim_hoyland
Seen that car at several WCR's; always looked good and ran good. Worth looking at
JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Aug 13 2014, 10:16 PM) *

Hey J Rust, what is the story on this 914? Is it a keeper?

I know Tom & have seen the car. I've never driven it or gotten to close a look. It was at WCR 2013 & I think it is a pretty well sorted car. The tranny is set back from stock. So the cv's have more angle to them. Looks a little funny from what you'd be used too. It's been that way for years & has been fine. The steel flares are done really well. John Kelly is a metal artist. While they may not be for everyone. I really like the car in person. I'd like it better with a 5-lug conversion & some 16x8 fuchs. The motor is basically the same drivetrain I had in mine originally. It is incredibly light but not a powerhouse. I think it is a good fit weight wise. If I was buying it I would lose the mechanical water pump. They are huge on this motor & really stick out the front alot. My v8 car still has a big ass hole in the firewall because of this. My tranny was in the stock spot when they did it though. I believe they moved the tranny back enough that they didn't cut into the firewall. So I'd lose the mechanical & do a remote electric pump. This would let you move the drivetrain forward.

On the price I think it is well worth it. I know nobody had bid yet but I'd buy it for that. If I didn't have so much going on with my suby car. So financially my funds are going to be in limbo for a while. Plus I already broke my quota with buying a 914 this year
relentless
Thanks for your input. I guess since I have four in my garage and no space for another one, I am going to have to pass on bidding for this one.
76-914
I think he also did a Karmann Ghia that was Gull Winged and flared.That was a show stopper, indeed!
Harpo
The ebay auction ended with no bids
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.