Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 1.7 factory exhaust system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Debug
Could someone please post a photo of a 1972 1.7 exhaust system? My project car didn't come with a muffler, my rear valance doesn't have a hole for the tail pipe. I'm looking at getting Vintage speed to make a muffler for it and they want a photo of the exhaust in situ.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers
Ian
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Debug @ Aug 14 2014, 03:44 AM) *

Could someone please post a photo of a 1972 1.7 exhaust system? My project car didn't come with a muffler, my rear valance doesn't have a hole for the tail pipe. I'm looking at getting Vintage speed to make a muffler for it and they want a photo of the exhaust in situ.

Cheers
Ian

How cam your rear valance NOT have a hole or indent for a tailpipe?

If you need info on the proper tailpipe/muffler arrangement check the parts manuals.

I pic won't help much without measurements or I would try to make one for you.
914Sixer
There is a NOS one on Ebay USA
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 18 2014, 10:08 PM) *

I think this is the one 914sixer was referring to-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-VW-411...f29&vxp=mtr
malcolm2
QUOTE(Debug @ Aug 14 2014, 04:44 AM) *

Cheers
Ian

With no cut out you are golden. Have him make whatever and do the cut out after the muffler is made and mounted.
Debug
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 18 2014, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Debug @ Aug 14 2014, 03:44 AM) *

Cheers
Ian

How cam your rear valance NOT have a hole or indent for a tailpipe?

If you need info on the proper tailpipe/muffler arrangement check the parts manuals.

I pic won't help much without measurements or I would try to make one for you.

Here is a photo, not a very good one, but it shows that there isn't a hole or indent. Click to view attachment
Debug
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 19 2014, 03:46 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 18 2014, 10:08 PM) *

I think this is the one 914sixer was referring to-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-VW-411...f29&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the info. Looks like the same as a VW type 4 muffler from a Bus, if so then I should be able to use a Bus one.
Theclassiccarcoroner
Ian,
Here is a picture of the muffler from my 1972 Porsche 914 1.7. My valance does have the exhaust hole. Let me know if you wanna see the valance too.

Bleyseng
Yep, looks just like a bus muffler from 72-74 but a bus muffler exits from the end not the middle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.