Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 conversion on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Good looking car!
KELTY360
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 14 2014, 01:29 PM) *

Good looking car!

agree.gif Although I think they got a little heavy handed when rolling the rear fenders.
Sleepin
VIN Registry has it listed on eBay last year as well. Nice looking car.
SirAndy
I HATE THE WALL OF TEXT IN ALL CAPS IT IS VERY HARD TO READ ESPECIALLY WITHOUT PROPER PUNCTUATION OR LINEBREAKS PARAGRAPHS SAVE EBAY ADS DONT WRITE ADS IN ALL CAPS!

dry.gif
Nine_14
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 14 2014, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 14 2014, 01:29 PM) *

Good looking car!

agree.gif Although I think they got a little heavy handed when rolling the rear fenders.

agree.gif
76-914
Doesn't look as if there is any room left for adjustment on the left front shock tower??????
sdthomas
It went for $14.6K on ebay on July 2013.

This was that seller's description:

"You won't find a more fun car to drive than this one. It is a 1972 Porsche 914-6 Conversion with a 3.0L Porsche 911 SC engine with electronic fuel injection based on the original Bosch CIS fuel system. A rebuilt set of Weber carburetors is also available but not included in this sale. The car was restored in the 1990s and converted to a 6-cylinder engine about 7 years ago. The complete engine was rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago and the top end rebuilt approximately 5000 miles ago while replacing the case bolts. It has 911 struts and brakes in front, while the rear brakes use 914-6 rotors and hubs. I replaced the master cylinder with a larger 19-mm 911 unit for the 911 front calipers and rebuilt the pedal cluster. The car has many new parts. The wheels shown are stock 5-bolt chromed steel 356C/911/914-6 wheels, but I can replace these with Porsche cookie-cutter wheels if desired. Either a stock 914 steering wheel or a 13 5/8-inch Momo wheel is available. The transmission is a side-shifting 914 unit. The dashboard instruments are 911 oil pressure/temperature gauge and tachometer, and a 150mph 914 gauge (true miles unknown). A VDO fuel gauge is mounted separately.

There is virtually no rust on the car. There is a pinhead-size paint bubble near the driver's corner of the leading edge of the front trunk lid (visible as a speck in a blow-up of the picture of the front) and some near one corner of the rear trunk lid. I have also found a dime-sized hole in a panel under the left rear corner missed during the original restoration. This was pointed out to me by the owner who restored the car, and you can see it only if you are under the car. It causes no harm. The hell-hole under the battery was either rust-free at restoration or restored before I bought the car. The fuel pump has been relocated to the front. The floors, jack points and structural members are all solid. The passenger seat has one seam in the seat that is splitting but otherwise the interior is in excellent shape. The car has been kept in covered storage since its restoration, not driven in the winter, and only seldom in the rain. The paint is a metallic medium blue very close to the original color and, aside from a few minor blemishes, is in excellent condition.

I bought this car eight years ago and did the 911 engine conversion work a year later using a kit and following an article in Excellence magazine with help of an experienced multi-914 owner. I took the 3.0L engine from my early 911 when I upgraded that car to a larger engine. I have owned air-cooled Porsches off and on for 50 years, but it is time to let some things go."
billh1963
QUOTE(sdthomas @ Aug 14 2014, 06:25 PM) *

It went for $14.6K on ebay on July 2013.

This was that seller's description:

"You won't find a more fun car to drive than this one. It is a 1972 Porsche 914-6 Conversion with a 3.0L Porsche 911 SC engine with electronic fuel injection based on the original Bosch CIS fuel system. A rebuilt set of Weber carburetors is also available but not included in this sale. The car was restored in the 1990s and converted to a 6-cylinder engine about 7 years ago. The complete engine was rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago and the top end rebuilt approximately 5000 miles ago while replacing the case bolts. It has 911 struts and brakes in front, while the rear brakes use 914-6 rotors and hubs. I replaced the master cylinder with a larger 19-mm 911 unit for the 911 front calipers and rebuilt the pedal cluster. The car has many new parts. The wheels shown are stock 5-bolt chromed steel 356C/911/914-6 wheels, but I can replace these with Porsche cookie-cutter wheels if desired. Either a stock 914 steering wheel or a 13 5/8-inch Momo wheel is available. The transmission is a side-shifting 914 unit. The dashboard instruments are 911 oil pressure/temperature gauge and tachometer, and a 150mph 914 gauge (true miles unknown). A VDO fuel gauge is mounted separately.

There is virtually no rust on the car. There is a pinhead-size paint bubble near the driver's corner of the leading edge of the front trunk lid (visible as a speck in a blow-up of the picture of the front) and some near one corner of the rear trunk lid. I have also found a dime-sized hole in a panel under the left rear corner missed during the original restoration. This was pointed out to me by the owner who restored the car, and you can see it only if you are under the car. It causes no harm. The hell-hole under the battery was either rust-free at restoration or restored before I bought the car. The fuel pump has been relocated to the front. The floors, jack points and structural members are all solid. The passenger seat has one seam in the seat that is splitting but otherwise the interior is in excellent shape. The car has been kept in covered storage since its restoration, not driven in the winter, and only seldom in the rain. The paint is a metallic medium blue very close to the original color and, aside from a few minor blemishes, is in excellent condition.

I bought this car eight years ago and did the 911 engine conversion work a year later using a kit and following an article in Excellence magazine with help of an experienced multi-914 owner. I took the 3.0L engine from my early 911 when I upgraded that car to a larger engine. I have owned air-cooled Porsches off and on for 50 years, but it is time to let some things go."

Sounds like a more thorough (and easier to read) description!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.