Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AfterMarket Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sfreeman615
I have decided not to put the original seats back in my car but rather look at some aftermarket choices. Show me what you have and whether or not you like them!
pdlightning
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Aug 14 2014, 05:06 PM) *

I have decided not to put the original seats back in my car but rather look at some aftermarket choices. Show me what you have and whether or not you like them!

Some of your biggest concerns besides seat dimensions are seat brackets and positioning. Overall height is another issue. It would be interesting to see what aftermarket seats fit and what other makes were transplanted successfully.
speed metal army
I would kill to have a clone of my sport seats out of my Carrera that fit my 914. I would like to see some options too.. I feel like i'm in a lawn chair at speed sometimes! laugh.gif
914werke
At the recent JW swap meet here in the PNW I showed up with a few select items to sell, did ok, but came home with these...
Dtjaden
Take a look at these:
http://www.classiccarseats.com/Lemans-seats.php

I saw these in Jim Hoyland's car, they looked great, and he let me sit in the car and they felt as good as they looked!
Java2570
+1 on the LeMans seats.....I was gonna post a photo but I can't seem to find the one I took......
BIGKAT_83
I'm using a set of Scheel's in my car.
Bob
Click to view attachment
d914
corbeau classics, bolt in, http://classiccarseats.com/,
d914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 15 2014, 07:37 AM) *

I'm using a set of Scheel's in my car.
Bob
Click to view attachment

SHOW OFF !!!! smile.gif
Mike Fitton
+1 on the Scheel seats, very comfortable:

Click to view attachment

mskala
I got a LeMans this year (early car, only need 1). For a small extra charge I
got the holes in the bolsters to allow the seat belts through. You can't see it,
but there is already a slot in the seat padding to let a sub belt through.

These 'fit' with the stock rails. However, not that I complained about it, but they
are a bit overstuffed, even the separate headrest, so if you are tall and need it
to fit into the backpad recess, better check into that. Also it is unavoidable that
the handbrake lever will rub on the seat, but it is in a soft area which will push
out of the way.

Bolsters are not ridiculously high, but you will need to learn to enjoy stepping
over to get in. Stefan said that his other models are more so.
Java2570
QUOTE(mskala @ Aug 15 2014, 11:50 AM) *

I got a LeMans this year (early car, only need 1). For a small extra charge I
got the holes in the bolsters to allow the seat belts through. You can't see it,
but there is already a slot in the seat padding to let a sub belt through.

These 'fit' with the stock rails. However, not that I complained about it, but they
are a bit overstuffed, even the separate headrest, so if you are tall and need it
to fit into the backpad recess, better check into that. Also it is unavoidable that
the handbrake lever will rub on the seat, but it is in a soft area which will push
out of the way.

Bolsters are not ridiculously high, but you will need to learn to enjoy stepping
over to get in. Stefan said that his other models are more so.

agree.gif the LeMans do bump into the backpad a bit and I'm only 5'7"....I have thought of just getting rid of the backpad altogether at some point though. I can't imagine folks with big butts being too comfortable in most aftermarket seats!
1stworks
Sparco, love them.
No rails bolted to floor.

IPB Image
JmuRiz
Scheel/Koenig seats are nice, period looking, but if you have wide lats they are a bit tight. Now that I don't work out, it shouldn't be an issue biggrin.gif
They are $$ these days.
mtn flyr
Koenigs
Click to view attachment
hblyle
Click to view attachment
I like the Renegade seats, stock seats with bolsters. However I don't like their self promotion on the seats?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.