Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater blower motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zipedadoo
I have a 1972 1.7

I just bought a blower motor and I don't see where this thing mounts. I googled and looked for a image and I see it in the left front corner of the engine bay but I cant tell what it bolts to. I think I'm missing some brackets but I'm not sure.

I'm also looking for the wires to the blower motor, what do they look like?

Thanks.
SLITS
If you purchased the early 2 outlet pump, it mounts to the engine on a bracket. If the bracket is missing there is no place to mount it. Later cars were different.

One of the wires is Brown and the other is Green. They should come out of the main body harness near the relay board connector. Brown wire runs to ground at the heater control lever. Green wire would be hot switched from the fuse panel.

Haynes Manual, page 17 has an image of the engine compartment showing the blower location at the front of the engine.

Heater Blower Bracket #30 on diagram
steuspeed
There is a bracket spot welded to the engine compartment. Your car probably had the central mount blower with outlets going to the left and right. I think there is a bracket that mounts to the engine for that style.
zipedadoo
Yes I did get the dual outlet pump. Thanks for the pic. and the replies. Helps a bunch.
Hank914
I have the same year with the same 1.7 liter. piratenanner.gif

My PO had a custom bracket that broke. It was right in the center. I drove for while with the blower just sitting on the engine (I have dual carb-ellortos). Knowing that leaving it just sitting on the engine was not very Porsche-like, I just bent a coat hanger and used that to hang the blower off of the engine deck lid. Looks almost like a dealer installed option. confused24.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 15 2014, 01:01 PM) *

If you purchased the early 2 outlet pump, it mounts to the engine on a bracket. If the bracket is missing there is no place to mount it. Later cars were different.

One of the wires is Brown and the other is Green. They should come out of the main body harness near the relay board connector. Brown wire runs to ground at the heater control lever. Green wire would be hot switched from the fuse panel.

Haynes Manual, page 17 has an image of the engine compartment showing the blower location at the front of the engine.

Heater Blower Bracket #30 on diagram

There are three brackets that attach the early blower to the engine. Why not post a picture of what you got?
barefoot
Here's a photo i found on this site some while ago. OEM bracket bolts to fan hsg.
Barefoot

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.