Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Tank from 911 (for six conversion)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I'm planning on moving my battery to the front trunk and was wondering if I could then use that space to install a stock 911 oil tank for a six conversion. Basically looking for an alternative to the expensive original tanks. Also anyone have picture where a racing style oil tank was used and mounted in the front trunk. Any recommendations for those tanks? They'd need to have baffles too I assume.

Doug C
Joe Bob
Might....there are more than a few diferent tanks out there....why not use an afterrmarket one from Summitt Racing?
DougC
Can you suggest one that you know has baffles? I've been meaning to get their catalog for the longest. Also I'd like to see how someone else has installed theirs..Pics? Thnks

Doug C
Series9
Here you go:

Oil tank from Peterson in Denver
Mocal oil cooler and thermostat
DougC
Thanks for the picture Joe, what's the capacity and does it have a baffle? Do you have a link to the distributor? Also, is that A/C you got on the floor in that picture? I have to have A/C and was wondering how it would be configured using a stock type cooler and shroud?

Doug C
Series9
QUOTE (DougC @ Jan 24 2005, 01:25 PM)
Thanks for the picture Joe, what's the capacity and does it have a baffle? Do you have a link to the distributor? Also, is that A/C you got on the floor in that picture? I have to have A/C and was wondering how it would be configured using a stock type cooler and shroud?

Doug C

Tank holds 3 gallons and is baffled: http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tanks.html

The system holds 5 gallons total.

There's no A/C there, just an exhaust fan on the floor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.