Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need info on this bbs software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Hey admin people, I am suppose to look into having a web site for our trout club. I am interested in the software, setup, admin duties, hosting, etc crap that is needed to get a site like this up and going. When I say that , I mean that I am not going to have the numbers of people accessing the site like 914.com but I know that this site is run very well considering the inmates that reside here in cyber-914 space. Do you have a web site 101 thread anywhere?
Thanks,
Buck.
Yes I do have other interests beside the most holy and omniscience 914. IPB Image
buck toenges
By the way saying all of the above I still can't get an avatar to work. Does this disqualify me from attempting a web site? IPB Image
vortrex
http://www.invisionboard.com/ is the BBS software, I am sure you can get a lot of info there on a basic setup.
buck toenges
I saw the web site but what i would like to know is:
How tough to set up?
How much to get it hosted and admin?
McMark
It's very easy to setup. Of course, this is coming from an ex-computer guy, so that may be biased. But it only took me about 10 minutes. What you need from your hosting company is PHP built into their web server and MySQL access. I go through a company called MacDock.com for my business hosting. It's about $20/month, which is higher than some, but I wanted to have a company that would provide tech support, etc. So it's worth the extra $ to me. They have all the features you need. If you go with a hosting company like MacDock that has the features ready to go all you have to do is upload the files to the server and load the installer page in your browser. It does the rest. Then it's just a matter of spending time going through the preferences and setting things up how you like it. If you have questions, let me know. If you want some elp with the initial setup I'd be willing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.