Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Behold; and then there was light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tweet
It's a thing of beauty.
YES, it's the real deal, all the way from Germany.
914Sixer
So you want everybody to know what a REAL dome light looks like ! Beyond rare.
tweet
Nah, it's just too purty just to keep it in the box. I thought I'd share. I never expected to find a NOS one. Maybe one day I'll find a NOS 914-6 washer bottle... as if. w00t.gif
tweet
Nah, it's just too purty just to keep it in the box. I thought I'd share. I never expected to find a NOS one. Maybe one day I'll find a NOS 914-6 washer bottle... as if. w00t.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(tweet @ Aug 16 2014, 10:26 PM) *

Tweet,
You have just been elevated to hero "Eric" status in my eyes. popcorn[1].gif pray.gif
Tom
tweet
Maybe it's just me, but just looking at a new one of these, made me realize just how much design went into these air cooled cars. I know this is a light that was taken from the Beetle line, but it is still beautiful in it's simplicity and detail. It's incredible what VW Porsche used to build for the average Joe. Too bad they still don't have that same philosophy.
Mblizzard
Ok so I will be the rude one and ask how much?
Chris H.
Is that A HARBOR FREIGHT towel under it???? HOW DARE YOU SIR!!! (Use a high-brow accent when reading, stretch out the "A" in dare.) lol-2.gif
tweet
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 17 2014, 04:45 PM) *

Is that A HARBOR FREIGHT towel under it???? HOW DARE YOU SIR!!! (Use a high-brow accent when reading, stretch out the "A" in dare.) lol-2.gif

Yes, indeed. A very fancy HF microfiber cloth. Next time I'll display it on my burgundy silk hanky. I just needed something yellow, it's what I had handy.
tweet
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2014, 04:42 PM) *

Ok so I will be the rude one and ask how much?

If I told ya, I' d have to ...well you know.
ar15.gif
JawjaPorsche
That thing needs to be in the Smithsonian for future generations to see. smile.gif The Holy Grail!
swooshdave
QUOTE(tweet @ Aug 17 2014, 07:12 AM) *

Maybe it's just me, but just looking at a new one of these, made me realize just how much design went into these air cooled cars. I know this is a light that was taken from the Beetle line, but it is still beautiful in it's simplicity and detail. It's incredible what VW Porsche used to build for the average Joe. Too bad they still don't have that same philosophy.

Until the plastic on either end breaks and you're scrounging for a replacement...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.