Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bleeder valve broke off in caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
my 73,one bleeder valve broken off,it still holds pressure,but i would like to eventually rebuid the caliper,wondering how to get the broken bleeder out ?
SLITS
Drill and Easy-Out

Small drill so you don't screw up the threads. Easy-Out to match the drill size. Drill only deep enough for screw extractor to get a bite.
PanelBilly
Send it to Eric. Much simpler method and the results are guaranteed
rosenfe
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 16 2014, 05:49 PM) *

i know i could send it to eric,its an extra 80 dollars,plus i want to rebuild my own caliper.his video is excellent.ill try easy out and drill
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Aug 16 2014, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 16 2014, 05:49 PM) *

i know i could send it to eric,its an extra 80 dollars,plus i want to rebuild my own caliper.his video is excellent.ill try easy out and drill

be careful, I did this a few months ago, here is what eric told me-you can leave it alone(mine were just rebuilt from PMB), it should still bleed out fine, and hold pressure fine. I messed mine up the easy out did not work and in the end I am not sure he was even able to save the caliper. cores are only worth 10-20$ so its not worth spending a lot on it if you mess it up. but if you are rebuilding it you may be able to back it out if you are really careful. good luck

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.