Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monterey Auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swooshdave
I haven't seen any 914s, not even a 914-6 but there are tons of 911s crossing the block. Cheapest one has been about $150,000 and they go way up from there.

Years ago they talked about how undesirable the Dinos were. Not real Ferraris they said. Worth real strong money these days, bolstered by their expensive relatives.

How long before we see four cylinder 914s at 100 grand? Ir will happen at some point. My guess is it will be a tidy 2.0 liter or perhaps one of the very early ones.

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
It will be worth 100,000 when dinner out is 200 per meal.. next year sometime...
swooshdave
They aren't quite old enough to bring the bigger money but it's only a matter of time.
Michael N
On Thursday a 1976 white 914 sold at Mecum. It was a clean car out of Oregon and ran very well. I was there for the actual auction of the car and video recorded it. I just need to get it off my phone and loaded to photo-bucket. The car had many people get up and check it while it was on the block. It hammered for $14.5k before fees. Quick sale with a lot of interest. I bet it would have sold for more if it was a 73 or 74 since we are in California for smog laws.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

There is also 914-6 conversion with a 3.0 at another auction which I think is more like a sealed bid auction that closes Sunday.

Click to view attachment

swooshdave
I wonder if an older model would have broke $20k?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.