Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Lid Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello all I just purchase a 75 915 and the engine lid catch is missing from the engine lid. Any ideas on how I can obtain a new catch and install it?

Thanks,
Dan
ArtechnikA

check with your local dealer, or Stoddard, or SunCoast, or Pelican Parts.
or High Performance House or PartsHeaven or Jim at EASY or any of the other reputable parts recyclers...

it is part #24 in the picture, the rest is just ordinary M8 hardware.
solex
Thanks for the schematic, it appears that there is supposed to be some mounting bracket for the catch that was once welded to the engine lid, is this correct?

Thanks,
Dan
ArtechnikA
i think it just attaches to a hole in the lid.

basically, that part is just a long 8mm bolt with an 'L' bend in it. you stick it through the hole and put the washers and nut on top. but it's been a while since i've seen mine, so someone who has actual acces to a working car will hafta jump in here if my remembered description os wrong...

the latch mechanism is attached to the body of the car.
Joe Bob
Try an ad in the parts wanted section. That latch gets tossed when converting to a six or a V8 in a lot of cases....bet someone has one in their tool box that they haven't given the float test to, yet....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 24 2005, 04:57 PM)
> BUY MANFRED !!!!! $15K obo

$100 is the best offer you're going to get from me.
i'll be there Friday with the cash and a trailer ...

[ :-) ]
solex
Turns out that the metal tab that is spot welded to the lid is missing. anyone have a picture?
Thanks,
Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.